Chris to issue share corrections

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris to issue share corrections

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Chris will be issuing share corrections today for a period of time when miners were not credited balances. He should make the corrections this afternoon.

This morning's issues allowed us to make a breakthrough. We believe that many of the issues might be related to the way that coin assignment is handled when miners connect to the pool. We plan to make a change where there is a "connect loop," so that every second all miners who connect are assigned coins at once. The key to figuring this out was realizing that earlier we had made the number of "workers" at the top of the page a cached value, so it isn't updated as often as the hashrates. Therefore, it isn't obvious from the live data when miners connect or disconnect.

We had been trying to figure out why there were bursts of WAMP data, and we think that the reason is because sometimes there are surges of many miners connecting within a second, probably due to network conditions. By simply waiting to reply to new miners for a second and doing so all at once, we can send one WAMP update and reduce bandwidth usage if this is actually the cause.

This problem might also be responsible for some odd coin assignment errors that we were never able to figure out, and also why CPU usage tends to have spikes independent of server load.
mrSnipes

Re: Chris to issue share corrections

Post by mrSnipes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:45 pm

great, please keep us posted on when this change is going live :)
Brandonloves2fly

Post by Brandonloves2fly » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank you Steve and Chris! We appreciate you working through all of these issues to make PH a well oiled machine and profitable pool! :)
pilottage

Post by pilottage » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm

delirium... we are all connected ... there is NO burst you have a BLOATWARE
rudybit

Post by rudybit » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:41 pm

awesome kinda low today thx!
mycide

Post by mycide » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:55 pm

all efforts are appreciated.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:34 am

Did this correction occur?
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:57 am

I still havent gotten my correction. im missing atleast 72$ from 30th august - sept 3rd.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:44 am

I apologize for any problems you experienced with the pool today. We have issued a release that should improve performance noticeably since it resolves and issue where the mining server would get overloaded causing stale shares when a large number of miners all connect at the exact same time (e.g. someone turns on a mining farm).

Unfortunately, we don't make any money from stale shares either, so there isn't excess money in our wallets from that period. However, what I I have done for all miners is to use the pool fees we collected today and refund them by increasing earnings during the periods where the server was performing poorly. I increased earnings between 12:00 and 13:20 EDT by 100% and increased earnings between 18:06 and 20:06 EDT by 50%. That should correlate with the times you said the server was performing poorly.
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:59 am

@Jalapan I seen you tell Steve/Chris this several times now, and they dont seem to acknowledge you. Have you made a ticket about it?
Seems strange it would be passed over for so long, other missing shares/funds been corrected best i know.

Just the other day looking and comparing profits, it's pointing down like a skiing slope on the graphs here, yesterday i made about the same as i would on static pool, i got used to make more, so please dont stop! ^^
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s