Existing customers allowed to add miners?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sunegg

Existing customers allowed to add miners?

Post by Sunegg » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
"I’m going to have Chris close new account registrations on Thursday"

Will existing customers be allowed to add more miners after that?
I prefer to have all miners working for one pool. I'm expecting to receive an additional number of L3+ within a couple of weeks. Will I be allowed to add them to Prohashing when they arrive?
mmfiore

Re: Existing customers allowed to add miners?

Post by mmfiore » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Its too bad that this pool could not be made to be scalable. Then we would not have to have this restriction.
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:38 pm

You adding miners with individual accounts...? why not using n= for each device...?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

mmfiore wrote:Its too bad that this pool could not be made to be scalable. Then we would not have to have this restriction.
We estimate the cost of increasing capacity at around a quarter million dollars in software engineering.

On August 20 and 22, we plan an analysis of whether we could expect to make a profit if I spent that much money on staff so that I can stop being a manager and devote all my time to development. This suggestion would be a temporary solution to last until November, the earliest the system could be further parallelized to support new users.

Most support tickets come from two sources: new users and duplicates in response to known bugs. While we always want to welcome new users, restricting membership would allow us to reduce the number of tickets, and limiting usage would eliminate the capacity issues, getting the number of tickets down to a reasonable level.

To give you an idea of how much of a problem this is, I closed 45 support tickets myself today alone. That doesn't count all the new ones that came in and the ones Chris is addressing.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 pm

@Steve

Why don't you ask for a donation fee to bring up more room for expansion, i think a couple of people would like to donate to give more room. (i saw disconnect problems for the first time with these new M.A.T. miners)
Beside that, maybe you should ask a fee for new subscribers to join the pool to make it more profitable? (just an option to make it less risky for you guys (you could include a payback fee for long time runners, like after 3-6 months you can earn your subscription back))
Yapudan

Post by Yapudan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 am

That's a great suggestion to the above comment.
I would be willing to contribute to this pool via memmbership or so other way. I always have found the most succesful business endeavors I've been apart of is when employess (miners) of the pool are willing to own it. One tong to enjoy the fruit but pitting in the work to make the tree grow is important.
hqm909

Post by hqm909 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 am

Now new L3 + can't add to Prohashing?
mmfiore

Post by mmfiore » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey Steve I hope the analysis works out. It seems to me it should be a good investment but I can see how it is a bit scary to invest. As I said before I know a real good programmer that could take on the work temporarily if that is what you need. He can get you souped up and for a reasonable cost.