Status as of Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:05 am

Here's a few thoughts for today:
  • I don't have access to the system right now, so I can't investigate the latest flaw with share insertion. I'll do that in 8 hours; no money has been lost and balances will be updated. I suspect that once we finally figure out what is wrong, there will be a sudden dramatic improvement and the bugs will be gone.
  • Chris and I have started to create an "investment spreadsheet" to determine how much investment is reasonable to improve issues more quickly. Chris computed that about $1.07m of potential profit, far more than everything earned so far, is being lost due to mining server bugs per year because of the current known issues like rejected shares. While that sounds like a lot, the catch is how much it would cost to reduce those losses, and whether the cost could ever exceed the benefits.
  • It appears that the insane Core is now going to block even the 2MB blocksize increase on the legacy chain. Expect falling prices. This is why I told people not to sell BCH.
  • Chris remains on vacation in Canada for the next few days, so ticket responses will be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience. My efforts will be largely devoted to ensuring that issues with share insertion get resolved as soon as possible.
Jalapan

Re: Status as of Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Post by Jalapan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Here's a few thoughts for today:
  • I don't have access to the system right now, so I can't investigate the latest flaw with share insertion. I'll do that in 8 hours; no money has been lost and balances will be updated. I suspect that once we finally figure out what is wrong, there will be a sudden dramatic improvement and the bugs will be gone.

Not to be negative but the first issue was never solved..
The fixes applied only makes the problem worse from a user perspective.

Now earningspage dont work at all.

Before the blocks found by user was "lost" or orphaned at a high rate wich is not normal..

Why not just go back to last working ptch and sort out this in a dev serverand ask users for help if you need to borrow a miner.
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 am

Jalapan wrote:

Not to be negative but the first issue was never solved..
The fixes applied only makes the problem worse from a user perspective.

Now earningspage dont work at all.

Before the blocks found by user was "lost" or orphaned at a high rate wich is not normal..

Why not just go back to last working ptch and sort out this in a dev serverand ask users for help if you need to borrow a miner.

I think Steve wrote in another post recently that they simulated or ran it before launching, and the bugs on live server was not forseen, also stated that they will roll back if they dont manage to fix it by tonight.

My earning page works better now then it did previous days, my miners shows back as hashing, statistics shows vast improvement or more accurate to real stats from my miners. the only thing atam not working for me on earning page is the efficency meter that is on 0.. and my earnings are frozen.
Also no rejected share reasons, if that is correct or not i dont know i used to have 40-80 stale shares per hour or so.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
deltasniper73

Post by deltasniper73 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am

same here, earning frozens, corrected payout from Tuesday was 30% lower than what it should have been based on shares. L3+ still hashing away, i wasnt concenred until i saw the 30% corrected payout from yday. Monday's correction seemed inline with my hashrate and share count.
lawminer

Post by lawminer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

Even when on Vacation and running a big Project like PROHASING you should be able to contact your team and get stuff sorted :o . I have been called back from Vacation several times when I have issues on my servers. :s

Lawminer

• Chris and I have started to create an "investment spreadsheet" to determine how much investment is reasonable to improve issues more quickly. Chris computed that about $1.07m of potential profit, far more than everything earned so far, is being lost due to mining server bugs per year because of the current known issues like rejected shares. While that sounds like a lot, the catch is how much it would cost to reduce those losses, and whether the cost could ever exceed the benefits.
  • It appears that the insane Core is now going to block even the 2MB blocksize increase on the legacy chain. Expect falling prices. This is why I told people not to sell BCH.
  • Chris remains on vacation in Canada for the next few days, so ticket responses will be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience. My efforts will be largely devoted to ensuring that issues with share insertion get resolved as soon as possible.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 pm

We don't have a large team. That's why I said I was surprised that the projections showed that $1.1m could be earned if we were able to resolve all bugs.

Up until now, our strategy to avoid outside investors and keep the team small has worked well, but the number of tickets and these projections indicate that the business could actually become profitable enough to employ more than one full-time person (assuming they are right).
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:19 pm

That sounds awesome, this pool deserves more then one full time person :)
What skill sets would you be looking for?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 pm

still waiting for a reply from my support application.. lol
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm

The problem with hiring someone is that someone needs to supervise him or her, and most people want to work on weekdays. It's not a workable situation for me to supervise like that.

We're going to create a decision spreadsheet with projections on August 20 while we're sitting in the eclipse traffic on I-81 and will update everyone on what we find.
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 am

Nah, i dont need supervision, i come with my own house and i feed myself, i can write shit and tell people to fuck off. What more could you possible need?! :)

Hehe, well are you looking for a pro ass coder or crowd management? i can sort the later ;)