L3+ Reboots on its own at random. Is this Normal?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kuakoa

L3+ Reboots on its own at random. Is this Normal?

Post by kuakoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Hello, is it normal for my L3+ to reboot periodically? Its been happening at random couple times per day. Thanks in advance. :geek:
deltasniper73

Re: L3+ Reboots on its own at random. Is this Normal?

Post by deltasniper73 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:20 pm

mine too, doesnt seem to be related to heat or work, just reboots once in a while, sometimes it can run for 3-4d, then reboots, sometimes it runs for 7-8 hrs then reboots. cant seem to see anything online about this issue either.
MglMogul9

Post by MglMogul9 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm

It shouldn't reboot without any reason. it should only reboot when it exceeds 80C
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:29 pm

it can be related to diff settings, to low or too high will cause it to reboot. i dont own one myself but i know of that.
kuakoa

Post by kuakoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Thank you for the reply DELTASNIPER73. I have read it may be a power supply wattage issue, but nothing definitive. What size power supply are you using? Mine is an EVGA 1050w.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm

kuakoa wrote:Hello, is it normal for my L3+ to reboot periodically? Its been happening at random couple times per day. Thanks in advance. :geek:
If they're the same as an L3, there's a setting in the software which tells the miner to reboot when there are problems with a hashboard. A series of reboots could be a sign that there's a bigger problem.

Check your cgminer.log (if there is one) and any others there may be and see if you can find what's triggering the reboot.
Sorry I only have A4's so can't help beyond this.
kuakoa

Post by kuakoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm

MglMogul9 wrote:It shouldn't reboot without any reason. it should only reboot when it exceeds 80C
MglMogul9: Mine a running at 65deg C
kuakoa

Post by kuakoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:it can be related to diff settings, to low or too high will cause it to reboot. i dont own one myself but i know of that.
GregoryGHarding: Do you know of a way to calculate the proper Diff? or is it trial by error?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

kuakoa wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:it can be related to diff settings, to low or too high will cause it to reboot. i dont own one myself but i know of that.
GregoryGHarding: Do you know of a way to calculate the proper Diff? or is it trial by error?
ideal diff for l3+ is 131K, but thats dependant on pool too
kuakoa

Post by kuakoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:
kuakoa wrote:
ideal diff for l3+ is 131K, but thats dependant on pool too
Hmm... that is what I have set. d=131072