Profitability/Pool Fee Error

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
vhmanu

Profitability/Pool Fee Error

Post by vhmanu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 am

Hello,

is there a Issue with the Pool Fee? I noticed a 10% difference in Profitability.
As a example look at the following Screenshot:

BCC gets mined with 99.3% of Hashrate and a Profitability of 17.79. The Profitability of Scrypt however is shown as 16.12
--> 16.12*110% = 17.73 . As you can see, 10% difference instead of 5%

Is this an Error or did the Fee get stealthbuffed?
Last edited by vhmanu on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vhmanu

Re: Pool Fee wrong?

Post by vhmanu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 am

This seems fixed since yesterday.
Or was this only a visual bug?
vhmanu

Re: Pool Fee wrong?

Post by vhmanu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:24 pm

earnings are wrong again right now by ~10%
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Profitability/Pool Fee Error

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:50 pm

vhmanu wrote:Hello,

is there a Issue with the Pool Fee? I noticed a 10% difference in Profitability.
As a example look at the following Screenshot:

BCC gets mined with 99.3% of Hashrate and a Profitability of 17.79. The Profitability of Scrypt however is shown as 16.12
--> 16.12*110% = 17.73 . As you can see, 10% difference instead of 5%

Is this an Error or did the Fee get stealthbuffed?
Chris will look into this issue shortly.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 am

I'm still investigating, but I think the issue may be that the live profitability is including static coin miners who are mining less profitable coins and bringing down the average. They shouldn't be counted in that live stats. If so, everyone is still being credited properly on the backend; it's just that the live calculation is wrong.
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 am

Chris Sokolowski wrote:I'm still investigating, but I think the issue may be that the live profitability is including static coin miners who are mining less profitable coins and bringing down the average. They shouldn't be counted in that live stats. If so, everyone is still being credited properly on the backend; it's just that the live calculation is wrong.
Chris, does the live profit figure already have pool fee subtracted or is this value excluding pool fee?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 am

All our profitability numbers, from the live pool profitability to the individual coin profitabilities, are shown including the pool fee. It's the actual amount of money you will earn.
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:58 am

i know there are other more urgent matters, however do you have an update on this chris?
The numbers did match for a few days now and today (right now) they are off again.
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 am

*bump*
Profitability (or visual bug) is still wrong
topkhodon

Post by topkhodon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 am

Can you tell me why the profit is so small? I no longer see the difference between PH and any lightcoin pool