A4 Dominator Configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bammayhem

Re: A4 Dominator Configuration

Post by bammayhem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi @n00bminer

yes the router is getting IP from DHCP.

I am assuming you are saying in your second sentence. Plug the ethernet cable into your computer and scan to see if you see the miner?

Thank you for your help
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Yes sir. is the miner getting an ip from the router? can you check? if not, you may want to temporarily set your computer ip to 192.168.1.5 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0, no gateway. plug ethernet cable to miner and scan IP's on the 192.168.1.0 network to find what the hard set ip is on the miner. of course, angry ip scanner will make it easier to scan the network, either way, directly wired or on your home network.
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:18 pm

I re-read your post. Regardless of the status of the miner, the pi should connect to the network. If you modified the pi ip in the flash before flashing, it is possible the flash got corrupted. I would focus on getting the pi accessible. Reflash the default from innosilicon and directly connect to your PC and see if you can see it on the "network"
bammayhem

Post by bammayhem » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi @n00bminer

Again thanks for your help. I was poking at it again today and it seems like I have the Orange pi version? According to the Nicehash update site, I can only have 1.1.0? I am confused as the dates on all the equipment show a May production. I am going to wait for Innosilicon to get back to me but if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear for you.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 pm

n00bminer wrote:I re-read your post. Regardless of the status of the miner, the pi should connect to the network. If you modified the pi ip in the flash before flashing, it is possible the flash got corrupted. I would focus on getting the pi accessible. Reflash the default from innosilicon and directly connect to your PC and see if you can see it on the "network"
another option is to connect the pi and a pc together using an ethernet cable and try using wireshark to see if its set to a static IP or requesting some random address... if so you can set your pc static to the same gateway/subnet and connect to ssh to reconfig the pi IP
oz123

Post by oz123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Guys,
New to the forum. I have a problem with my new A4. I went to re-ip it from it's default and now the ethernet connection does not respond to the new IP I tried to give to it. It does not respond to the old one either. I directly connected it to my laptop and have used Angry IP and Wireshark to see if this system is operational with an IPv4 address; I found two packets where it was trying to communicate via IPv6.
At my wits end trying to solve this issue; any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 pm

easiest thing to do is reflash the SD card and start from scratch

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=news&id=152
oz123

Post by oz123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Thank you n00bminer; I will do that!
The output of my wireshark is showing the raspberry pi has an IPv6 address and is trying to find it's IPv6 router.. not something I have set up.
I appreciate the links and may come back with more questions!
oz123

Post by oz123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Sorry- I mistakenly said Raspberry Pi; I have an Orange Pi
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:12 pm

so you need the TF version
same one I have. most likely the ifconfig got messed up. You could fight with it a while, but the easiest fix is to just reflash and go through the process... flashing will take the longest and you will be hashing in 30 minutes