Setting the mininmum diff by password commands

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mine_x

Setting the mininmum diff by password commands

Post by mine_x » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 am

Hello,

I am just started mining on Prohashing/scrypt before few days and need recommendations on setting up the min dynamic diff by password parameters. The idea is to setup min starting dynamic diff, allowing miner to for example to start mining with, let's say, 32768, not less, and up assigned dynamically if needed by pool up, but not below the 32768 :?

Thanks in advance for recommendations.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Setting the mininmum diff by password commands

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:21 am

the minimum difficulty is capped at 512 for scrypt, and 0.008 for x11, anything lower and its ignored and switched back to dynamic. dynamic starts at 16k for scrypt and .250 for x11, and will adjust to allow 1 share per minute. if you wish to adjust to more than 1 share per minute, use a manual diff at whichever difficulty your miner can handle.
mine_x

Post by mine_x » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am

Thanks for comments. The question came from the sad experience with Nice Hash (not only working with Prohashing). When the profitability of Scrypt is jumping up to 10+ cents, my fixed (as stated by Nice Hash... true fair fixed order shall not be affected by any Bot- initiated orders, but I don't think it is true) order speed at pool is going down immediately up to 50% and I am overpaying a lot. So the only cure I found at the moment is to set min diff Scrypt 32k on Nice Hash order - it helps a bit. For Prohashing - if there is NO option to set vardiff with min diff 32k and up (or play with network diff), I probably shall put 32k or 64k static one for Nice Hash, the only way...
mine_x

Post by mine_x » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 am

I took a look on the coins stats, so probably I will try to set static diff for Scrypt at max the nice hash "miner" is able to carry on as I feel, it's 262k no more. Or even 131. I don't know how it will affect mining of low diff coins but at least I will try to fight with negative delta, which at the moment during 6 hours is close to 7% (yet)