Chris to issue new release

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris to issue new release

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Chris is going to issue a new release tonight. After weeks of troubleshooting, we think that we discovered why some coins go into an error state, and then do not recover. This issue leads to litecoins being earned by some miners when they don't want to be earned, disconnects miners who solo mine those coins, and reduces profits when the coins are the most profitable.

The release will occur at midnight EDT or so.
tmopar

Re: Chris to issue new release

Post by tmopar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris is going to issue a new release tonight. After weeks of troubleshooting, we think that we discovered why some coins go into an error state, and then do not recover. This issue leads to litecoins being earned by some miners when they don't want to be earned, disconnects miners who solo mine those coins, and reduces profits when the coins are the most profitable.

Steve, is this directly related to the benjirolls/elysium troubles I have been having?

Thank you!
Tmopar
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 am

tmopar wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris is going to issue a new release tonight. After weeks of troubleshooting, we think that we discovered why some coins go into an error state, and then do not recover. This issue leads to litecoins being earned by some miners when they don't want to be earned, disconnects miners who solo mine those coins, and reduces profits when the coins are the most profitable.

Steve, is this directly related to the benjirolls/elysium troubles I have been having?

Thank you!
Tmopar
No. We can't pay your balances because those coins have a "locked wallet" at Cryptopia, the only exchange that offers them.

Feel free to submit a support ticket to Cryptopia asking them to unlock their wallet and allow withdrawals. Once they do, we will pay you in full.
Nalith

Post by Nalith » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 am

Thanks for for the heads up, what is the estimated downtime? Maybe as a suggestion it might make sense for you to put some sort of maintenance banner on the main page where everyone can see it :)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am

Nalith wrote:

Thanks for for the heads up, what is the estimated downtime? Maybe as a suggestion it might make sense for you to put some sort of maintenance banner on the main page where everyone can see it :)
It only took about 30s, and everything should be back now.
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: It only took about 30s, and everything should be back now.

just like the needle at the doctor, Me: "tell me when it's coming!" Doctor: "it's already done"
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:10 pm

mrgoldy wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote: It only took about 30s, and everything should be back now.

just like the needle at the doctor, Me: "tell me when it's coming!" Doctor: "it's already done"
Doc: on 3
me: ok
Doc: one.. t..
Me: ahh damn it
Doc: gotcha

sidenote. my doc is old school, he throws shots into your arm like a dart.