Status as of Friday, June 30, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AvPro

Re: Status as of Friday, June 30, 2017

Post by AvPro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:It turns out that it only costs $2900 to have "unlimited DDoS protection" - far less than the $33,000 implied by paying every day of the month.

Therefore, I don't think a poll is required.
Ditch Java and go for this! If Comcast can respond and mitigate with a quickly answered phone call 24/7
joshn712

Post by joshn712 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:26 pm

I am going to say something a bit different. The whole keep your friends close and enemies closer applies. I don't think i would be telling everyone on public forums all these issues? Sure you want to be open an honest, but the Jerk that is doing this is just watching your threads.. moving on to the next thing he can try to kick you in the nuts. Sometimes less is more. The people will stay with you they trust you.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:06 pm

joshn712 wrote:I am going to say something a bit different. The whole keep your friends close and enemies closer applies. I don't think i would be telling everyone on public forums all these issues? Sure you want to be open an honest, but the Jerk that is doing this is just watching your threads.. moving on to the next thing he can try to kick you in the nuts. Sometimes less is more. The people will stay with you they trust you.
Well, good luck if some script kiddie wants to try to go up against Comcast.

We're not talking about anything that can't be found out easily any other way. For example, someone can simply do a reverse DNS lookup and see that Comcast is the provider, just as the reverse DNS lookup right now says something like "javapipe.ddos-blocker.net."
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:It turns out that it only costs $2900 to have "unlimited DDoS protection" - far less than the $33,000 implied by paying every day of the month.

So fees will not have to go up? or go up as much as earlier stated?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 pm

i think we have our answer.
jaybizz

Post by jaybizz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Aye, if that is afforadable and they can offer real stability, Comcast would obviously be the way to go then.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:14 pm

mrgoldy wrote:

So fees will not have to go up? or go up as much as earlier stated?
No. But as GregoryGHarding said, it might be worth it to see how Javapipe works out first before signing a contract.
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Give Javapipe a chance to prove themselves. If they don't pan out, well, now we know a possible alternative.
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 pm

***Edit***LoL didn't see the post about updated cost of Comcast...But still think the same.

While I personally would be ok with 2% increase...I'm afraid the additional 2% would deter enough people who would switch pools that the 2% increase would no longer be enough for you to remain profitable. So you'd have to add another 1%, then lose more, etc...Chain reaction.

To the post above about fees being higher here and not having protection etc...yes, the fees are higher, and the profits more than make up for the difference. As for not offering protection like "other" pools...Its like in any business...You don't try to take business away from the little guy, you go after the big dogs. So these other pools likely haven't been hit like PH has lately. Yes, we all want a profitable pool that has 100% up time and zero problems...But NO pool has that, its nigh impossible. We mine on the most profitable pool of this type, and one of the largest, and about to grow larger with SHA release upcoming, so ya, naturally PH is going to get hit more frequent and harder.

I won't spout off my theory on this, as I'd come off all "conspiracy theory", but I will say this...I have accounts on pretty much every multi pool out there as well as many single coin pools..And I've either used them or checked in on them to notice how much more hash, which means more profit, they get when PH is down. The way I see it, 2 groups have something to gain from PH failure...Pools and those upset by Chris and Steve's outspokenness about bitcoin and its future...oh and SHA releasing soon.......

Any who, I'd say give Javapipe a bit more time, and go from there.
piet

Post by piet » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:17 am

I would say drop javapipe, what kind of ddos provider doesn`t notice (and migate) a 10gb flood ? why are protocols / ports open that arn`t needed ? Why does it take so long for them to respond ?

What if a ddos is happening while you are asleep ? who is gonna call comcast ?

now that you know it`s "only" 2900, would you still increase the fee with 2% ?