Status as of Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

Here's a brief update:
  • Our goal for the next two weeks is to devote full effort towards reliability. We seem to have been able to get performance under control, and the website appears to have minimal bugs, so now we want to try to knock off mining server issues like minor memory leaks that require restarts after a period of time.
  • I also want to fix the protections for when there are error conditions, like yesterday. The system was tested to continue queuing shares in memory and then resume inserting them when the database operations had finished, but that didn't happen for an unknown reason. Therefore, you shouldn't expect to see anything new with the system before Memorial Day. We will be testing and releasing minor fixes to keep the system online for as long as possible.
dustind900

Re: Status as of Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Post by dustind900 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Not sure what you guys did, but my Zeus started returning nothing restart requests. Had to take it off the pool
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm

dustind900 wrote:Not sure what you guys did, but my Zeus started returning nothing restart requests. Had to take it off the pool
When did that change?

There was no code changed since Saturday, so if it happened recently, it couldn't have been us.
dustind900

Post by dustind900 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Right after/during the update on the 14th it started happening for a few minutes at a time. After that it started to happen more often and for longer periods. I think it could be my power supply though, because it just happened again this morning on Hash-To-Coin. And as I'm typing this I think it is starting to happen again. So for now I'm just going to turn it off until I get a new power supply.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm

dustind900 wrote:Right after/during the update on the 14th it started happening for a few minutes at a time. After that it started to happen more often and for longer periods. I think it could be my power supply though, because it just happened again this morning on Hash-To-Coin. And as I'm typing this I think it is starting to happen again. So for now I'm just going to turn it off until I get a new power supply.
I hope it's just a coincidence, but one of my power supplies stopped working about the same time. I'm also using a zeus, but an older thunder x3. My guess is something made the rigs take more current than usual and overloaded the power supply. I'm not trying to blame prohashing, but it could be a pretty big issue if this is not an isolated incident. Anyways, I'm just bummed I can't afford a new one and I don't know when the manufacturer will get back to me about fixing/replacing it, but at least now I know I need a beefier power supply.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 25, 2017 8:53 pm

spauk wrote:
dustind900 wrote:Right after/during the update on the 14th it started happening for a few minutes at a time. After that it started to happen more often and for longer periods. I think it could be my power supply though, because it just happened again this morning on Hash-To-Coin. And as I'm typing this I think it is starting to happen again. So for now I'm just going to turn it off until I get a new power supply.
I hope it's just a coincidence, but one of my power supplies stopped working about the same time. I'm also using a zeus, but an older thunder x3. My guess is something made the rigs take more current than usual and overloaded the power supply. I'm not trying to blame prohashing, but it could be a pretty big issue if this is not an isolated incident. Anyways, I'm just bummed I can't afford a new one and I don't know when the manufacturer will get back to me about fixing/replacing it, but at least now I know I need a beefier power supply.
If many more people report this issue, then I'll definitely investigate it, but I'm skeptical there is any way that a pool could cause a surge in power usage. If that were possible, then we would have heard warnings throughout the community about "rogue pools" that are out there trying to destroy mining equipment.