Website wishlist

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Website wishlist

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

We're pleased to announce that, this weekend, Michael Steward will be joining us to improve the website, which has been neglected for some time while we concentrate on the mining server and trader. Michael is an expert in the technologies that we use for the site and has proven to be a prolific developer on his other projects.

Please welcome Michael and offer him some suggestions on issues that you've noticed with the website. He will use this thread to get his list of tasks to do. His first priority will be to fix bugs, but feel free to suggest new features as well. I'll start out with some of the issues we are aware of, and then other customers can chime in.
  • The "earnings" chart displays no data if the algorithm is switched from scrypt to x11 and back again, because Angular doesn't watch the select box.
  • (fixed) There is a "potentially unhandled rejection" console message in the forums when connecting to receive the earnings data.
  • (fixed) The forums have a memory leak which causes Chrome to crash when they are open for too long.
  • Several customers have requested the ability to see x11 and scrypt earnings both separately and summed on different (or the same, with a selection box) charts. Currently, only summed data is available.
  • (fixed) The hashrate charts lose data if the database gets behind because they are calculated against zero shares. This might be a mining server calculation or it might be in a stored procedure. Their calculation needs to be delayed in the case that the database falls behind.
  • Solo mining rewards and blocks need to be overhauled to provide miners more data.
Please add other issues to the list before Friday evening at 6:00pm EDT.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sun May 07, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
crazyq3

Re: Website wishlist

Post by crazyq3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:28 pm

i like profit more then nicehash!

Break this server !
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi,

- i would love the feature to see either Scrypt only, x11 only or both on the main site

- Additionally to Live profitability showing the current estimate seeing the average over the last 1h/2h/6h (whatever makes the most sense) would be pretty nice. im pretty new. Perhaps this feature already exists and i just did not find it yet.

- "1 MH/s expected payouts" x11 shows LTC (instead of dash(?))

- currently no "Coins mined by day" for x11
mickeekung

Post by mickeekung » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 am

Security
-Password on Prohashing.com must be at least 6 character including number, Cap-character, and normal-character
-User need to confirm their password when changing bitcoin address.
-Show the latest IP and country that login.
-Important information can't be changed without confirmation in e-mail address.
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 pm

the workers are no longer displaying on my mobile devices. A simplified mobile site with a more basic layout would be awesome.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 pm

vhmanu wrote: - "1 MH/s expected payouts" x11 shows LTC (instead of dash(?))
This issue is now fixed.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 am

I would like to see a display showing current condition of the pool like
Pool is:
Running Normal Green lite
Rebooting Yellow light
Down Red Light

Also from a previous post I agree more security but I would take a page out of litecoin pool. They give the option to lock sign in privileges to your current ip address. and
option to lock your payout address and
When payout address is changed freeze payouts for 24 hours from time it was changed and always send email alerts
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Wed May 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Under "Total Earnings", please create a stacked bar chart (two colors) so I can distinguish X11 from Scrypt earnings.

Update: 5/8/17 - will you be able to add this to your list?
Last edited by excelerator on Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 am

mickeekung wrote:Security
-Password on Prohashing.com must be at least 6 character including number, Cap-character, and normal-character
While we'll definitely add your other suggestions to the task list, this is one that I think we will probably have to decline.

The reason is that adding these requirements has actually not been shown to improve security. When people are required to use special characters or to change passwords every X months, it encourages them to use weaker passwords, because they have to remember them. Rather than using one strong password, studies show that people just create a weak password and then increment numbers every time they have to change it, or they replace letters with symbols. "pizz@" is not a secure password, because there are many crackers on the Internet that can be downloaded to check for symbol substitution.

While this idea sounds like it should work, science doesn't back up the idea. I'm not sure why sites continue to insist on passwords like these.

Two-factor authentication is something that is proven to work, and that is on the list to be implemented.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 06, 2017 9:00 am

jinxorbit wrote:the workers are no longer displaying on my mobile devices. A simplified mobile site with a more basic layout would be awesome.
I can't reproduce this issue.

What type of phone are you using? Could you give me any more details about the circumstances and specific steps you used to reproduce the problem?