Upcoming x11 release information

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 am

It's time to look forward to the release of x11 mining at Prohashing! x11 mining has been working well for a few weeks at beta.prohashing.com, and we think that any remaining bugs will be minor and will be able to be fixed quickly after release.

We've decided to go ahead now because there are a number of issues that are fixed in the new release, like the system getting behind and the missing bars on the hashrate charts. There are also user interface issues that customers pointed out that have been resolved for a while in that codebase. We believe that any new issues that are introduced will be outweighed by the resolution of these critical issues. Furthermore, we will be able to permanently eliminate the scrypt-only fork of our code, significantly reducing development time because everything won't need to be done twice anymore. Getting back to one codebase will allows us to implement Segregated Witness, as well.

We plan to release on Sunday, April 16, sometime in the morning Eastern time. There will be a brief period of downtime that morning, so be sure to set a backup pool. During the downtime, we will be turning off the old trader server and turning on the new code, putting out the new website, switching mining servers, and upgrading our database tables to the new schema. beta.prohashing.com will be permanently discontinued on April 15 in preparation for the upgrade, so that we can issue final payouts and transfer balances to the production server.

This upgrade represents the biggest change in the system since we introduced trading on multiple exchanges two years ago. It would be a lie to suggest that everything will go smoothly on the first day. Because the database changes are so massive, we will not be able to revert if there are problems. However, we will be monitoring the system and fixing issues that come up throughout the day.

After the release is successful, the "a=" password argument will allow miners to select which algorithm they would like to mine. For backwards compatibility, miners who do not specify "a=" will default to "scrypt." You can also select "a=x11." One issue we are aware of, and which we are not going to hold the release to resolve at this time, is that Mining Rig Rentals will ignore work restarts for x11 coins. Rentals with scrypt coins continue to work fine, and direct scrypt and x11 mining works fine too.

Please notify us if there is anything we are missing in preparation for this release.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
olkah

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by olkah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 am

It's not fair!!!!!!, the price is different 10 times. between the script and X11.And the script is not necessary to remove !!!, but on the contrary should increase profit for the algorithm of the script !
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 pm

olkah wrote:It's not fair!!!!!!, the price is different 10 times. between the script and X11.And the script is not necessary to remove !!!, but on the contrary should increase profit for the algorithm of the script !
Hi olkah,

I think you might have misunderstood. Scrypt mining will still be available. We are simply adding x11 mining as another feature to the site. If you have scrypt miners, they will continue to earn the same profits as they otherwise would if we were not releasing on Sunday. The website, however, will be updated to have a lot more graphs and will separate mining by algorithm.
olkah

Post by olkah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:38 pm

But the price for 1 mx/s is just awful how different. But at the same time of coins in the algorithm of the script more than X11 and therefore the price should be higher. Or I do not understand something :ugeek:
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

How many coins will be mined on the x11 pool, and has anyone beta tested with Baikal Miners?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

olkah wrote:But the price for 1 mx/s is just awful how different. But at the same time of coins in the algorithm of the script more than X11 and therefore the price should be higher. Or I do not understand something :ugeek:
The profit potential for x11 will be higher, and people will be paid accordingly. Each algorithm will pay at a different rate.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

jinxorbit wrote:How many coins will be mined on the x11 pool, and has anyone beta tested with Baikal Miners?
Every x11 coin is intended to be mined. There are about 230 of them or so.
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
jinxorbit wrote:How many coins will be mined on the x11 pool, and has anyone beta tested with Baikal Miners?
Every x11 coin is intended to be mined. There are about 230 of them or so.

I guess I need to mine some dash to go buy a few ;)
galixxx

Post by galixxx » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 am

I still can not enter a BTC address in the settings page on beta.prohashing.com. I get the error message "An unexpected exception occurred. The issue has been logged."
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:15 am

galixxx wrote:I still can not enter a BTC address in the settings page on beta.prohashing.com. I get the error message "An unexpected exception occurred. The issue has been logged."
Thanks for the report. I'm not sure why we can't reproduce this with our account, but now we have a reproducible case. I'll make sure this gets fixed before the release.