Baikal X11 Questions and Support

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
excelerator

Baikal X11 Questions and Support

Post by excelerator » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:04 am

Does anyone with a Baikal know the filename(s) and the directory for the log files?

I'm trying to connect my Baikals to the Prohashing X11 beta server and they disconnect shortly after connecting and can't diagnose the problem without the log files.
vinylwasp

Re: Baikal X11 Questions and Support

Post by vinylwasp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 pm

It looks like it's running a version of sgminer which doesn't appear to log by default.
If you can find the web page which starts the miner (or the script) you can modify it to turn on logging while you're sorting out the disconnects.
Read the logging section here for details: https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:58 pm

vinylwasp wrote:It looks like it's running a version of sgminer which doesn't appear to log by default.
If you can find the web page which starts the miner (or the script) you can modify it to turn on logging while you're sorting out the disconnects.
Read the logging section here for details: https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer

Thanks for that! I'll work on that tonight and see if I can get it going.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm interested to hear how you get on, been trying to buy 5 of these but they're out of stock.
Think I'll build some XMR miners instead for now, and come back to Baikal later.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 pm

vinylwasp wrote:I'm interested to hear how you get on, been trying to buy 5 of these but they're out of stock.
Think I'll build some XMR miners instead for now, and come back to Baikal later.
The Baikals drink power like hummingbirds and hash rock steady at 150MH per mini compared to my chemically unbalanced Titans who snort amps like meth and hash like hoons.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 pm

He he, I know how you feel, my A4's are costing me a fortune to run, thankfully they're quite profitable at the moment.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:05 pm

vinylwasp wrote:I'm interested to hear how you get on, been trying to buy 5 of these but they're out of stock.
The Baikals will not becoming back in stock at $300/mini. Check out the madness, the SOLD price, of two minis on ebay yesterday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-150M-x11-mine ... Swo4pYl9qp
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:47 am

excelerator wrote:
The Baikals will not becoming back in stock at $300/mini. Check out the madness, the SOLD price, of two minis on ebay yesterday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-150M-x11-mine ... Swo4pYl9qp
That's probably due to the ridiculous price of DASH.

There's no way that $110 is sustainable over the long-term. If I owned an x11 miner now, I would sell it, and then buy back another one a month from now after the DASH bubble crashes.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:02 pm

If we did as you suggested, you'd have a lot fewer customers trialing your X11 service as well until the crash comes! ;)
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 pm

I now have my Baikals running on Mining Rig Rentals.

It's very straightforward. This is for rig owner, not rig renters.
1) On your Baikal Minis, Quads and Giant, you must set "extranonce-subscribe" to "false" on your Baikal on older generation machines and or switch off the check box on the newer versions. This is the most important step.
2) On MRR, set "Suggested Difficulty" to 0.1
3) On MRR, set "Pass" to a=x11
4) On MRR, do not use the "d=" password switch for static difficulty

It's important not to use the "d=" password switch to set static difficulty as it will disconnect from PH. Just let VARDIFF do it's thing.

I have not tried this on the new Baikal Cubes.

Please do post if you're successful (or unsuccessful) with these steps.
Last edited by excelerator on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.