lottocoin pool not accessible

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dnprod

lottocoin pool not accessible

Post by dnprod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:23 pm

the advertised addnode address for lottocoin is not accepting connections and also
when i try to mine the pool, my miner program gets stuck at the authentication stage.
(using c=Lottocoin as password)

when i use no c= or c=some-other-coin i connect with no problem.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: lottocoin pool not accessible

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 am

Hi. The reason you can't connect right now is because Lottocoin is currently in error and cannot be mined. The error is that we only have 1 connection to a peer, and we have a requirement that we need at least two peers before we can mine a coin. The requirement ensures that we aren't mining on a fork. I have already added all the nodes that NovaExchange provides, but the only one that works in the NovaExchange node itself. If you know additional peers of LOT that are available, please let me know.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:30 am

well your own node, 98.115.147.74:16383 as advertised, is not willing to receive connections. you'd get more connections if it answered the phone :)

and that one connection you have... it's to my own linux box at 24.246.28.36
after i opened my firewall your daemon somehow managed to find my daemon.

Code: Select all

{
        "addr" : "98.115.147.74:57610",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1487754056,
        "lastrecv" : 1487754056,
        "conntime" : 1487740783,
        "version" : 60001,
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:1.3.0/",
        "inbound" : true,
        "releasetime" : 0,
        "startingheight" : 3108283,
        "banscore" : 0
 }
but any attempts to initiate a connection from this end, using different clients, to you are rebuffed. (your firewall? or listen=0 ?)

i didnt realize novaexchange provided a node list... i'll go look.
wow... my ip# is in the novaexchange list as several entries from different random client ports.
that's probably how you found me after i opened my firewall :)
i have put node12.novaexchange.com into my own server config - but it doesnt seem to be connecting either :(

my windows qt client recently found an open node at 96.252.63.119:16383 not sure how reliable that one will be.

by the way, my ip number 24.246.28.36 may potentially change, best configure me as: addnode=coins.dognose.net
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 am

Thanks for all the information. I am aware that the port listed on the site may not be correct. We have the clients use UPnP to assign ports through the router, but we restarted the router a few weeks ago, which means that the ports might have changed. After we get the X11 release out, I will work to either staticly allocate ports or update the website's listing more frequently.

Whatever you did, you reconnected our client with a lot of other nodes on the network, and our connection count has increased to 8. Thanks for helping. If you are still having issues mining, please let me know.