Status as of Wednesday, October 22

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, October 22

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am

Here's the status as of today:
  • Tomorrow morning, we'll be increasing the maximum difficulty of the variable difficulty algorithm from 2048 to 4096. Since Zeus miners perform poorly, please set a static difficulty using your password before then if you will be affected by the change. The goal of the change is to evaluate the effect on miners, since we will have to make this change eventually as ASICs continue to become more powerful over time.
  • We fixed another payout bug, but now we have some cases where the transaction fee of the networks is higher than the balance. I added some code to not pay out in the case that the network transaction fee is higher than what would actually be paid. There are three people affected, each of whom has 10-cent balances in some coins.
  • I've optimized the database as much as is reasonably possible without architectural changes. If the pool were to reach 100 GH, then it would make more sense to simply spend money on hardware than it would for us to take a weekend optimizing performance more.
  • We were #1 yesterday, but Clevermining paid 97% of LTC. Chris and I were wondering how it is possible to have an algorithm that pays less than LTC. However, they have 300GH of miners, so people don't seem to mind. We were wondering if they are the people who lost a huge amount of money dumping Elacoins after we had already sold after that last run. Note that Clevermining has also performed the miracle of getting merge mining to work, too, and they still pay out 97%.
  • The third partner decided to forfeit his share, so we will obtain full control of the business tomorrow. He said that he wants to concentrate on having kids, and isn't willing to have any risk at all of accidentally running afoul of tax laws. This solution is to the benefit of both of us, so it's a win-win.
  • I told Chris to take the day off, now that the system has stabilized after the last release. I'll be doing customer service, but may not get around to E-Mails until tonight, so I apologize.
cryptorific

Re: Status as of Wednesday, October 22

Post by cryptorific » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Well 97% of LTC isn't that hard if you think of cleverminings 2% fee and a little bit of unluckiness. Of course that all depends on how clevermining calculates what 100% of LTC means.
neontrancebadger

Post by neontrancebadger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:14 pm

I can't seem to add coins to my payout proportions. Get unexpected exception occurred.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for the report. That issue should be resolved. Let me know if there are any other problems.
neontrancebadger

Post by neontrancebadger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Works now. Thanks for the quick fix.