Time to sell?

Come here to chat about mining topics not covered under Mining Pools, Mining Rigs, or Mining Algorithms.
Forum rules
The General Mining Topics forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining that don't fall into the categories of our other Mining Forums.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
todd98014

Re: Time to sell?

Post by todd98014 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:14 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:07 pm
TechElucidation wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:17 am Hi Sarah,

I did actually look at trying to do solar! Both adding Solar to the main house, or just doing a "Solar Shed" setup where you only mine during sunlight hours. I probably got to excited about the nerdiness of building a solar setup and shed and everything.

But from that second video (which yeah, was pretty funny) you can see what it took to run a 78w system. FirePit alone took close on 1,300W to run! Not to say it couldn't be done - I actually did the calculations and drew up some plans to do just that.

Then as nerdy boy got tired and started to doze off, that annoying reasonable MBA education kicked in and took over once again. The amount of crypto that I could buy for what I would spend on solar was just ridiculous. Plus the fact I was going to setup more solar power than the two of I used to live off, and would probably be better off focusing on just doing the house (without mining) on solar.
Yes indeed, I have 41 panels and it still didn't provide enough power to run 2 l3+ asic miners and the rest of the house during the summer months. Now that it's fall the solar panels are producing about 50% of norm and I'm back to paying huge electric bills

Haha! I went through a similar process. Got nerdy and excited, realized how much power it took to run my computer, and realized I don't have the know-how or the money right now to make it happen. Although I definitely am considering roof solar panels in the wake of the electricity increases right now, not gonna lie. Need to replace the roof first, though. Have to find a reputable roofer. #adulting