Some questions

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ymerej84-

Some questions

Post by Ymerej84- » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:31 pm

hello I am about to connect my 3 machines (microbt m30s) but I have a doubt, on the tool and on several videos, when detecting the machine I am asked to enter a start and end ip segment, but I cannot figure out what to put in these two boxes ! do I have to put the ip of my machine in both boxes? what does endIP mean? Thank you for your answers
Ymerej84-

Re: Some questions

Post by Ymerej84- » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 pm

a small clarification also, for the name of my worker I have to differentiate in the parameters a different name each time? example: miner 1 workername: robert.001 miner 2: robert.002 miner 3: robert.003 with the same pool addresses, is that right? thank you
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:35 pm

Not sure about the IP stuff, never had to do anything like that.

But for prohashing you would use the same user name for each worker(this will get the worker to your account), but in the Password section you can differentiate workers in the password section via the "N=" Argument.

So
Worker 1
URL: Prohashing stratum specific to what algo your using.
Worker: robert
Password: N=001

Worker 2
Password: N=002

Worker 3
Password: N=003

I think this is what you are asking.
Hope this helps
Ymerej84-

Post by Ymerej84- » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:10 am

Thank you very much for your help, I still have a question. the example you give me is for a single miner, can I use the same worker name and the same password schemes for the 3 asics? thanks for the help
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:58 am

Your Worker name is simply your user name for Prohashing. It points your workers to your account.

You can use the exact same seeings for each miner. (the only difference in this example is the naming, which is done in the password section)

The example was for 3 different workers, using the Password section to give them different names.
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:03 am

Since the M30s is sha256 your settings should be as follows for FPPS:

URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335
P: N=001

URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335
P: N=002

The only changes needed for each worker is the the "N=001"
But again this isn't required. You can run all the same settings on each miner and it will still figure it out.

Hope this helps.