authentication problem 2FA

A forum to discuss mining pools, features, etc.
Forum rules
This forum is a place to discuss mining pools, features, etc. Topics can include but are not limited to PROHASHING pool.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mikaa83

authentication problem 2FA

Post by Mikaa83 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 am

Good morning,
I have an authentication problem, I don't have my old phone anymore, how can I get a new one?
Sarah Manter

Re: authentication problem 2FA

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:19 am

Mikaa83 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 am Good morning,
I have an authentication problem, I don't have my old phone anymore, how can I get a new one?
Hello,
If you were using Authy as recommended, then you can install Authy on your new phone and enter your backup password to set it up on the new phone and get your 2fa codes. If you're using Google Authenticator, then recovering your codes is only possible if you had set up a backup code for the account.
For more on our policy on 2 factor authentication, please see the following: https://prohashing.com/help/optimizing- ... actor-auth
Mikaa83

Post by Mikaa83 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 am

hello,
my old cellphone is broken and with new cellphone, i cannot to have the code with authentificator, where i can to scan the qrcode for to have the code and enter after my password ?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:18 am

Mikaa83 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 am hello,
my old cellphone is broken and with new cellphone, i cannot to have the code with authentificator, where i can to scan the qrcode for to have the code and enter after my password ?
The point of 2 factor authentication is to secure your account in such a way that someone can't get into your account without checking the second device/application. If you did not set up a backup password for your authenticator app, then we can't reset it for you without compromising the security of our service.
Mikaa83

Post by Mikaa83 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:55 am

ONLY i need a new QRCODE for scan with my google authen......
Where i found that on your website ?

If 2fa is still enabled, you need to disable it first and then reenable it to get a new QR code. This will require you to have the original 2fa codes from your old device or a backup code for Google Authenticator.