What are you GPU mining

Come here to chat about mining topics not covered under Mining Pools, Mining Rigs, or Mining Algorithms.
Forum rules
The General Mining Topics forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining that don't fall into the categories of our other Mining Forums.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
FDDanny

What are you GPU mining

Post by FDDanny » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi all, reaching out to see what other GPU miners are doing now? I shut down my rig until I figure out next steps.
Thoughts in the interim with Etherium basically killing our main market? I dont like it and I am sad to say several companies may go under strictly based on that one hard fork.
So on a positive note, what are you all doing with your rigs now?
pmzone

Re: What are you GPU mining

Post by pmzone » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:33 am

for past few days, ethash-lowmemory profitability has been slowly creeping up while kawpow and etchash just ding dong within a range.

though might not give you overall net profit if factoring electricity cost, however if you have chia farming (preferably at least 30TB of plots) forming as a base, it might give you a net profit for the day
Kaffiend

Post by Kaffiend » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:44 pm

I as well had to shut down my rigs for now. Losing $10-12 a day after electric is not sustainable for me. I did try eth-lowmem as well when i saw it creeping up the other day but still was not profitable so shut back down. I'm going to continue to wait it out until the next best thing comes out. I need to be able to cover my electric at least.
FDDanny

Post by FDDanny » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:46 pm

I agree, I live in California and the Electric rates here are amazingly high. At one point I was good with a minor lost with a "speculation" attitude for future gaines. With the floor pulled out just not sure where or what to mine.

The interesting part is how much the hard fork really took the floor out from both companies and individual miners. I get making etherium a better product but dam, crushing whole companies and individuals. Anyway enough ranting, its done. Cant wait to see something run that we can all grab on to. TY for those that replied.
FDDanny

Post by FDDanny » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Waiting for the pivot point to jump on.