Tell us. What's your Origin Story?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Re: Tell us. What's your Origin Story?

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:22 pm

BMChris wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am
Mastermind007 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:14 am Now days I have a handful of CPU and GPU miners running. This feeds the wallets I use for trading. It is basically a fun game. Ride the next bull run and trade off at the it peak. Who would have thought that watching numbers and candlestick charts could be so exciting. :o
It stresses me out waiting for a $10 trade, I don't think my heart could take it trading 1000s of dollars of my own money :lol:
I'm with you on that one!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:24 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:08 am Dogecoin and temporary unemployment status brought me here. I had time and heard interesting stuff about crypto, a dog and money. Turned out my timing was the worst possible ever with starting on everythings ATH in May, surfing the profit wave for maybe 3-4 days and bam. But learning the hard way right from the start can't hurt that much.

Starting out with a 1060 6GB, I invested the soul of my first born in a 3060 12GB in the meantime which is getting a little efficient now. At least 2 GPU will follow when the time is right and all stars are aligned. Running out of souls here.
I've heard a few similar stories of people turning to cryptomining in times of unemployment stress. They seem to be doing well with it now. Keep at it!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:27 pm

jreysack wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:57 pm well got into the stock market last year in early summer, then started off buying into crypto. Figured it would be easier to mine it than just buy it. so started on unminable but figured out that i am only mining for them and they are paying out in separate coins. so looked around and found here. started mining different algo's trying to figure out which one was best for a 970, then started watching vids and researching different algos and mining software. stuck doing the GPU thing for now. Acquired some 1060 amp gpus and just let em run all day long. Think i've learned more about electrical and hvac/insulating while doing this than ever before.
Mining does require a more particular skillset than just trading, for sure!
ScKryptoguy

Post by ScKryptoguy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:13 am

Hello everyone....
What got me into Crypto was I was at a downpoint. I used to haul home heating fuels.One day I fell and broke my back on pointed lanscape boulders under the snow..broke l4-s1 into my spinal chord nerves.Lost my career of 26+ years, my friends no longer needed me, family(yeah ok),fought and still fighting disability..So one day an Coinbase add had come across my phone and I ignored it.After realizing im no longer a need to anyone because when you break your back it means you are dumb too....Not...So this ex truck driver,Hockey goalie,Car enthusiest, Harley Rider,Husband said enough let me see what this add was about.Registered and recieved my BTC and let it sit there lol. Lambo soon lol..From here I was hooked and wanted to know more and mining ha no way im not smart enough...Also at this time we had to relocate as I couldnt do the cold weather so SC here we come!!!
I googled one day and a mining using your laptop came up and I looked into it.Then im like wait can I use my gpu desktop.After a few conversations with the devils lettuce I started ordering(Wife wasnt happy, and dont throw amazon back lol) rig frame, Mb, psu, everything I couldnt strip from desktop.Started with one gpu evga super 1660.Overclock, whats that(back to the lettuce).About a few months goes buy and realizing I have way too many guitars I dont play, car parts, bike parts, I had a yard sale and local online pages.That led me to a good deal on msi s1660's.Now im like what can I get for my dogs(jk).After getting these up and running and new Oc settings I waited to see what my earnings were.Now I want more but know my 110 will be overkill.I forgot we had 220 installed in the garage so my brain kept gettin hungrier for more info.Found a good deal on a pdu too.So now the 220 is working amazing and with more cards aquired for objects I no longer used is a win right?None of this was possible with out Prohashings guides, ticket support, and because of PH I feel like this made the challenge worth it. Dont give up on yourself, You are smarter than you think.I may not be able to walk good or enjoy the beach but PH and crypto changed my life!!!
You miss 100% of shots you dont take.....unless you"re a Goalie!!!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:06 am

ScKryptoguy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:13 am Hello everyone....
What got me into Crypto was I was at a downpoint. I used to haul home heating fuels.One day I fell and broke my back on pointed lanscape boulders under the snow..broke l4-s1 into my spinal chord nerves.Lost my career of 26+ years, my friends no longer needed me, family(yeah ok),fought and still fighting disability..So one day an Coinbase add had come across my phone and I ignored it.After realizing im no longer a need to anyone because when you break your back it means you are dumb too....Not...So this ex truck driver,Hockey goalie,Car enthusiest, Harley Rider,Husband said enough let me see what this add was about.Registered and recieved my BTC and let it sit there lol. Lambo soon lol..From here I was hooked and wanted to know more and mining ha no way im not smart enough...Also at this time we had to relocate as I couldnt do the cold weather so SC here we come!!!
I googled one day and a mining using your laptop came up and I looked into it.Then im like wait can I use my gpu desktop.After a few conversations with the devils lettuce I started ordering(Wife wasnt happy, and dont throw amazon back lol) rig frame, Mb, psu, everything I couldnt strip from desktop.Started with one gpu evga super 1660.Overclock, whats that(back to the lettuce).About a few months goes buy and realizing I have way too many guitars I dont play, car parts, bike parts, I had a yard sale and local online pages.That led me to a good deal on msi s1660's.Now im like what can I get for my dogs(jk).After getting these up and running and new Oc settings I waited to see what my earnings were.Now I want more but know my 110 will be overkill.I forgot we had 220 installed in the garage so my brain kept gettin hungrier for more info.Found a good deal on a pdu too.So now the 220 is working amazing and with more cards aquired for objects I no longer used is a win right?None of this was possible with out Prohashings guides, ticket support, and because of PH I feel like this made the challenge worth it. Dont give up on yourself, You are smarter than you think.I may not be able to walk good or enjoy the beach but PH and crypto changed my life!!!
What an awesome story! I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and your struggles. I'm glad cryptomining was able to help you make the best of a rough situation and that our service has been helpful to you. We're happy to have you mining with us.