How do you explain crypto?

Posts of general interest that are not related to cryptocurrency.
Forum rules
This forum is for posts of general interest not related to cryptocurrency but still must follow the forums rules posted at https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums. Replies must relate to the topic being discussed in the thread, and any links included must be included to provide more information or context and contribute something to the value of the discussion.

Spam links are grounds for post deletion and banishment from the forums.
Sarah Manter

How do you explain crypto?

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:54 am

How do you explain mining to your friends, family, coworkers, etc.?
-MaVerick-

Re: How do you explain crypto?

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Hardcore gambling and Voodoo with a nice chance of loosing almost everything if your timing is bad. I love it.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:35 pm

"Imagine if leaving your car idling produced solved Sudokus you could exchange for heroin"
EbelyHupely

Post by EbelyHupely » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:31 am

I think it's actually not difficult. I also could not understand for a long time what cryptocurrency is, and when I myself began to be interested in this topic and work with cryptocurrency, it was just as difficult for me to explain what it is to my loved ones, especially those who are older. It is important to understand that the cryptocurrency is practically no different from the usual currency in terms of the principle of operation. Any currency works because people trust it. The whole world trusts the dollar and therefore the dollar is expensive and everyone uses it. It also works with cryptocurrency, it's just immaterial. I know it's hard to understand. I myself have only recently begun to understand how it all works because of my friend who works on https://odos.xyz / and persuaded me to start working in this field.
Last edited by EbelyHupely on Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:32 am

EbelyHupely wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:31 am I think it's actually not difficult. I also could not understand for a long time what cryptocurrency is, and when I myself began to be interested in this topic and work with cryptocurrency, it was just as difficult for me to explain what it is to my loved ones, especially those who are older.
I’ve definitely experienced this myself. It’s almost like once you know you don’t know where to start explaining because there are so many pieces to it.
dancer1

Post by dancer1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:42 am

EbelyHupely wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:31 am I think it's actually not difficult. I also could not understand for a long time what cryptocurrency is, and when I myself began to be interested in this topic and work with cryptocurrency, it was just as difficult for me to explain what it is to my loved ones, especially those who are older. It is important to understand that the cryptocurrency is practically no different from the usual currency in terms of the principle of operation. Any currency works because people trust it. The whole world trusts the dollar and therefore the dollar is expensive and everyone uses it. It also works with cryptocurrency, it's just immaterial. I know it's hard to understand. I myself have only recently begun to understand how it all works because of my friend who works on https://odos.xyz/gb whatsapp and persuaded me to start working in this field.
Your explanation is awesome about crypto but I think it just a waste of time :mrgreen:
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:16 am

dancer1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:42 am ]

Your explanation is awesome about crypto but I think it just a waste of time :mrgreen:
You think crypto is a waste of time? How so?
petrderbikov

Post by petrderbikov » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:26 am

Hi. I explain to my friends that it's like playing a game where you mine ore, let's say Minecraft, a great example I think. But the process is automated as if you downloaded a mod for tools to mine that ore automatically, but those tools need to be bought and upgraded. Then you take these ores and exchange them for money on exchange sites. A straightforward and superficial explanation but for those who do not know I think this is a good example. What do you think?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:05 am

petrderbikov wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:26 am Hi. I explain to my friends that it's like playing a game where you mine ore, let's say Minecraft, a great example I think. But the process is automated as if you downloaded a mod for tools to mine that ore automatically, but those tools need to be bought and upgraded. Then you take these ores and exchange them for money on exchange sites. A straightforward and superficial explanation but for those who do not know I think this is a good example. What do you think?
I can see this explanation. You could go so far as to liken the different tools being able to more efficiently "mine" different things to the different mining equipment more profitably mining algorithms. An ax works better cutting down trees, and a pickax works better on stone, sand, whatever. GPU's are good for some algorithms/coins, but you need an ASIC to mine others.
AkuraYamata

Post by AkuraYamata » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:07 am

Explaining crypto to friends and family is like describing digital money created through complex computer processes called mining. It's secure, decentralized, and can be used for various things, like investments or online purchases. They can also use many services like Quantum AI to understand it better. Keep it simple, and they'll catch on!