PPLNS services proposal

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

PPLNS services proposal

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 29, 2022 1:14 pm

We're discussing some additions to our services that will focus around PPLNS mining. While the current offerings will not change, new features would be offered and there would be some "rebranding" or "renaming." Please offer your comments.

First, we would spent June making improvements to PPLNS mining:
  • The scoring system described at Proposed change to PPLNS rewards would be implemented. This will happen anyway; it's already finished development and testing.
  • PPLNS payouts would be changed to be paid in the customer's payout proportions, rather than in the mined coin.
  • PPLNS fees would continue to be lower than FPPS fees, offering a lower cost option.
  • PPLNS merge-mined rewards would also be paid according to payout proportions, rather than being 100% converted to the mined coin.
  • Coin switching would be permitted for PPLNS to enhance payouts.
  • Automatic electricity cost payouts and other features currently available only in FPPS mining would be enabled for PPLNS.
  • All of this data is already be available in the database but is not on the website. As a last step, PPLNS data on the website would be enhanced.
After these changes are enabled, we would then follow the model of Coinbase, where there is the simpler Coinbase brokerage, and advanced Coinbase Pro exchange. While any customer could use either mining method, messaging and marketing would refer to the improved PPLNS mode with a name like "Prohashing Pro," and the PPLNS service would be targeted at large miners to increase payout frequencies for that service's customers. The default configuration for the "Pro" service would be targeted at people who care about guaranteed profitability with and few other features, while the "standard" service would have its default configuration set to have the most features and be the easiest to use.

Comments?
thundergun

Re: PPLNS services proposal

Post by thundergun » Mon May 30, 2022 4:03 pm

Sounds like all good things!

Are there any obvious downsides that I'm missing?

How are pplns merge-mined rewards paid out currently?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue May 31, 2022 8:29 am

thundergun wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:03 pm Sounds like all good things!

Are there any obvious downsides that I'm missing?

How are pplns merge-mined rewards paid out currently?
Currently, any rewards from merge mining is paid out in the primary coin being mined rather than in the set payout proportions.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:16 pm

PPLNS data on the website will be enhanced, does that mean the information won't disappear if I need to shut down a PPLNS worker? I have to say that's one of the more frustrating things with PPLNS mining on prohashing compared to other PPLNS pools. It would also be nice to have dates associated with completed PPLNS rounds and block numbers linked to block explorer. I'm still hesitant to resume mining BTG in PPLNS mode if it doesn't show any of the work from previous rounds, It still says it's the first round of PPLNS for BTG but I know it isn't. There's something similar going on with ETC PPLNS, there are rounds I recieved a payout but they don't show up anymore in the mining page under PPLNS statistics.

Another thing I've noticed is a luck discrepency. I have two ETC workers, one of them is on PPLNS and the other is on FPPS, and the FPPS worker is finding blocks more often even though it has less hashrate than the PPLNS worker. I realize that's why they call it luck and there is some randomness, but I thought I should point that out anyway. Apparently I've never found a block in PPLNS mode,
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:23 am

One question about PPLNS

How do you see the current amount of hashrate in Bitcoincash PPLNS Group? Or the Digibyte PPLNS Group?

It would be encouraging to see the amount of hashrate in each coin for PPLNS Specifically.
This might be possible already I'm just not sure where or how?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am

thundergun wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:23 am One question about PPLNS

How do you see the current amount of hashrate in Bitcoincash PPLNS Group? Or the Digibyte PPLNS Group?

It would be encouraging to see the amount of hashrate in each coin for PPLNS Specifically.
This might be possible already I'm just not sure where or how?
This information is not currently available on our site and will not be in today's release, but similar data has been requested before. It is a complicated change, so no promises, but it's being discussed.
dalr46

Post by dalr46 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:11 pm

These changes would be positive for ProHashing and I hope that we can look forward to seeing them soon!