RandomX crazy high Hashrates

A forum to discuss mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work the best with specific rigs, etc.
Forum rules
The Mining Algorithms forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work best with specific rigs, etc.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jshg46

RandomX crazy high Hashrates

Post by jshg46 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:59 pm

I was looking around at some pools the other day and wondered if RandomX has just about ran it's course. How can it be an option for cpu miners when hash rates are this crazy. Look at the winners in these pools, a 30MH hash rate on RandomX? The next question is ,How? The normal miner might have a few KH machine if they are lucky. What about the cpu miners with older machines with 500 H/S. This really seems unfair and strange to rent machines with such high hash rates. 30MH would be a server farm almost. I think it is entirely possible normal people will give on mining RandomX if they cant level the playing field some.