Help needed: Cannot connect - malformed server message

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
sun

Help needed: Cannot connect - malformed server message

Post by sun » Sun May 08, 2022 11:11 am

I tried to connect to prohashing using the following command with gminer:
"""
miner.exe --algo ethash --server stratum+tcp://proxy.prohashing.com:443 --user myusername --pass a=ethash,l=4,n=stories
pause
"""
And This is the message I get:
xx:xx:xx Connected to proxy.prohashing.com:443 [50.220.121.211]
xx:xx:xx Subscribed to Stratum Server
xx:xx:xx Set Extra Nouce: xxxxxx
xx:xx:xx Connection Error: Malformed server message
"""
And it keeps retrying and popping the same error. Everytime the Nouce number will be different.
What should I do to fix the error?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Help needed: Cannot connect - malformed server message

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 08, 2022 11:15 am

Could you submit a support ticket with your username? We can look at logs to investigate.
sun

Re: Help needed: Cannot connect - malformed server message

Post by sun » Sun May 08, 2022 11:32 am

Ok, thanks. I just submitted a web chat on the main site.