Some Coinbase payouts delayed

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Some Coinbase payouts delayed

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:14 pm

According to Coinbase, about 1000 payouts have been delayed for 72 hours as a "security precaution." These errors began occurring earlier today, and the payouts from today will process on March 2. About 25% of the system's Coinbase payouts appear to be affected.

All other Coinbase payouts, and all on-chain payouts, are occurring as normal. Additionally, it appears as if the payouts in question will indeed occur as normal, aftera 3 day delay. I submitted a support ticket to Coinbase to ask why these security errors have occurred, and only to some customers, and will post an update when I hear more. However, given that Coinbase has most employees working only on weekdays, it is likely that it could be several days before I receive a response.
stelees

Re: Some Coinbase payouts delayed

Post by stelees » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:42 am

Just checking, end of day here March 2 and I still have $0.00 on coinbase.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:03 am

stelees wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:42 am Just checking, end of day here March 2 and I still have $0.00 on coinbase.
The first of these errors occurred at 9:00am EST on February 27, so it would not be expected for anyone who is affected by this error to receive the held-up payouts until March 2 at 9:00am EST.
stelees

Post by stelees » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:23 am

Ok thanks for that.

Cheers
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 am

This started for me on March 16 and has continued since. I'm reminded of what banks used to do when they held deposits for 3 days before posting them to customer accounts. That allowed them to collect interest that would have otherwise been payable to the depositor. The federal government stepped in and changed the rules regarding posting deposits.

While the amounts for me are very small, approximately $1.50/day, if Coinbase is doing this on a large scale, even to only Prohashing users, the amount of money involved would be significant. As it stands, I'm unable to do anything with mining proceeds that are locked in Coinbase's system for an arbitrary period of time without an explanation from their non-existent customer service department.

Do we have any information from Coinbase as to the reason for this "security" hold? Is there some new requirement that you or we have to meet?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 am

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 am This started for me on March 16 and has continued since. I'm reminded of what banks used to do when they held deposits for 3 days before posting them to customer accounts. That allowed them to collect interest that would have otherwise been payable to the depositor. The federal government stepped in and changed the rules regarding posting deposits.

While the amounts for me are very small, approximately $1.50/day, if Coinbase is doing this on a large scale, even to only Prohashing users, the amount of money involved would be significant. As it stands, I'm unable to do anything with mining proceeds that are locked in Coinbase's system for an arbitrary period of time without an explanation from their non-existent customer service department.

Do we have any information from Coinbase as to the reason for this "security" hold? Is there some new requirement that you or we have to meet?
They haven't explained why exactly why this is happening, but at the moment, they are requiring Chris to reverify with ID once a day, which is time consuming, but he is actively doing it to keep making sure that you all are getting paid, albeit later than it should reasonably be. He is also in communication with them trying to find out more information and get the issue resolved.
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:31 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 am
UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 am This started for me on March 16 and has continued since. I'm reminded of what banks used to do when they held deposits for 3 days before posting them to customer accounts. That allowed them to collect interest that would have otherwise been payable to the depositor. The federal government stepped in and changed the rules regarding posting deposits.

They haven't explained why exactly why this is happening, but at the moment, they are requiring Chris to reverify with ID once a day, which is time consuming, but he is actively doing it to keep making sure that you all are getting paid, albeit later than it should reasonably be. He is also in communication with them trying to find out more information and get the issue resolved.
Thank you, Sarah (and Chris!)
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:45 pm

Are there any updates on this? I've been getting the 3 day holds too now.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:43 pm

sonicrules wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:45 pm Are there any updates on this? I've been getting the 3 day holds too now.
Unfortunately, we still don't know too much more than what we've announced so far. Chris contacted Coinbase again this week, who responded that the re-verification requirements were being triggered by the display name on the transaction not matching the name on Chris's legal ID, which happens because the transactions are coming from PROHASHING, not directly from Chris, our CEO. We tried a fix for this, but it was only successful on some transactions and wasn't a solid long term solution. We're still waiting to hear back from Coinbase about Chris's request for them to find a way to resolve this.