Will Prohashing create an ADA Pool?

A forum to discuss mining pools, features, etc.
Forum rules
This forum is a place to discuss mining pools, features, etc. Topics can include but are not limited to PROHASHING pool.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToeKnee

Will Prohashing create an ADA Pool?

Post by ToeKnee » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:36 pm

It'd be kinda cool if Prohashing created an ADA pool. I mean, you guys already have the know-how when it comes to running computers. Might be a good way to attract attention to Prohashing as well. Something to consider.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Will Prohashing create an ADA Pool?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 am

ToeKnee wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:36 pm It'd be kinda cool if Prohashing created an ADA pool. I mean, you guys already have the know-how when it comes to running computers. Might be a good way to attract attention to Prohashing as well. Something to consider.
Isn't Cardano a staked coin? I don't think that coin can be mined.
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:08 pm

Yes, the Cardano blockchain is Proof of Stake. I think what ToeKnee is suggesting is that Prohashing should start a Validator pool that we can stake our ADA in. A number of big exchanges do this; Bittrex is the most recent and last I checked Binance was one of the largest. I have no idea how one would go about doing that or how much it would cost but it is an interesting idea.
ToeKnee

Post by ToeKnee » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:07 pm

bMeister1 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:08 pm Yes, the Cardano blockchain is Proof of Stake. I think what ToeKnee is suggesting is that Prohashing should start a Validator pool that we can stake our ADA in. A number of big exchanges do this; Bittrex is the most recent and last I checked Binance was one of the largest. I have no idea how one would go about doing that or how much it would cost but it is an interesting idea.
Yep, that's what I meant.
https://developers.cardano.org/docs/get ... rdano-node

Then you could do something cool where people who get Cardano with Prohashing and then stake to the Prohashing Pool earn fun goodies and stuff ... I don't know what. From what I gather, you'd want to operate one pool to help de-centralize the ADA network. But many people do operate several pools under one banner. With what you folks at Prohashing know and all your experience with running computers, you're basically leaving money on the table by NOT doing a validator pool. :-) I mean, people do specify a Cardano Payout Address in the Payout Options ... would be easy enough to match people's wallet address in Payout Options to the wallet addresses that would appear on the Prohashing Cardano Stake Pool ... (https://pool.pm/) ... I'm don't know enough to know WHAT the incentives or goodies would be, tho.