GPU Rigs...whaddya got/

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Alynn

Re: GPU Rigs...whaddya got/

Post by Alynn » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:20 pm

Main PC is a 3090 and a Ryzen 9 3950xt

old PC is running a 2080 Ti and a 1080. Basically the old parts from my main PC.

I didn't get into mining until this year. Think of it like an extension to my own retirement plans. But honestly I treat it like I treated SETI back in the day. A way to use idle clock cycles that otherwise would have just sat there.

At best, I'm a hobby streamer, but in 20 years, who knows what these GPUs will be worth for me.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 am

bMeister1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:12 pm Out of curiosity, how have the 1060s performed over time besides the heat issue? I really need to get something better than my 1050Ti (both for mining and some moderate gaming) and want to get something that can do ETH, so I'm trying to decide if it would be better to get an 10-series card or hold out for more price drops on a 20-series card.
It's not really a heat issue, hashrate will go down a few notches when it's getting over 65°C but usually the fans are more than capable to keep her below that. I'd say 1060s are still quite nice because of the MH/W ratio, especially the used one for a good price. But AMD got something even better it looks like, the 6600XT might be worth a look with 32MH @ 55W.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:29 pm

I have one 3090 that is connected to the pool when the computer isn't being used for development. The great thing about this card is that it can be used with an HP Reverb G2 to play Microsoft Flight Simulator in VR almost indistinguishable from reality. I also got it to run Nier: Automata with 2x MSAA at 4K/60p including custom 4K texture packs.

It was also a good deal, too. I paid $3100 for it, earned $600, and it's now worth $2700. I made $200 while being able to play VR games for free. Even if the card only paid for its own depreciation, I would still say it was an exceptional purchase for the gaming.
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:33 pm

We need like buttons... screw the dislike buttons, who wants to hear someone complaining :) js
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm

im running 2 1060's and one is at 54c and the other is 55c. it's all on how ya clock em. currently looking into a 1660, else im going to keep building out a 1060AMP rig. (hopefully with samsung memory.) Would like to see ERGO as a possibility as well.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm

I am in the same boat bMeister1. I have a few 1065 4gb cards. They are all but done. Mining etchash low memory but other than that that are useless.
Wish I could grab something newer but I would have to sell a kidney to afford it. Then you have to wonder when Nvidia is going to nerf the hash on it.
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:12 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm I am in the same boat bMeister1. I have a few 1065 4gb cards. They are all but done. Mining etchash low memory but other than that that are useless.
Wish I could grab something newer but I would have to sell a kidney to afford it. Then you have to wonder when Nvidia is going to nerf the hash on it.
You know, if the hashrate isn't terrible, you could stand to make more money with those cards doing ETC instead of Ethash-LowMemory; usually does about 1-2c/Mh higher. But yeah, nVidia seems to be very anti-mining with their main GPU lines right now. I can't say for certain yet but it sure seems like the latest driver update (471.96) has dropped my hashrate by 1MH and even a more aggressive OC hasn't put me back up to where it was. Very odd...

...then there's AMD going "Hey man, you wanna mine crypto? We programmed a setting to automatically optimize the cores for that! Also check out these cool mining rigs we helped build! xD
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am

bMeister1 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:12 am
Mastermind007 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:27 pm I am in the same boat bMeister1. I have a few 1065 4gb cards. They are all but done. Mining etchash low memory but other than that that are useless.
You know, if the hashrate isn't terrible, you could stand to make more money with those cards doing ETC instead of Ethash-LowMemory; usually does about 1-2c/Mh higher. But yeah, nVidia seems to be very anti-mining with their main GPU lines right now. I can't say for certain yet but it sure seems like the latest driver update (471.96) has dropped my hashrate by 1MH and even a more aggressive OC hasn't put me back up to where it was. Very odd...

...then there's AMD going "Hey man, you wanna mine crypto? We programmed a setting to automatically optimize the cores for that! Also check out these cool mining rigs we helped build! xD
I will try switching over to ETC and see how they do. Thanks for the tip.
jorgescott056

Post by jorgescott056 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:08 am

The Minerstats 3070 is without a doubt the best graphics card on the market for most people. It delivers performance on par with the 3060 ti ftw ultra at less than half the price, truly bringing 4K gaming to the mainstream for the first time.