Power Usage Algorithm Accuracy

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
DeFiDarrin

Power Usage Algorithm Accuracy

Post by DeFiDarrin » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 pm

Hey All,

First post, relatively junior miner here.

I am trying to figure out how accurate the power consumption numbers are when the miner revenue and electricity costs are shown on the site (or downloaded on the CSV).

For context, I am running a small hobby farm of 10 Antminer L3+ and a single GPU miner.

In the password arguments I have specified that the machines are as the worker configurator spits out "i=l3_504". I have also enabled power tracking and filled in the cost/kWh for my locale.

Some of my miners are running bitmain firmware, some Blissz, but none are running stock hashing rate, and the Blissz machines are undervolted. Based on this, will the algorithm that determines power usage be accurate, or over/under report? I'm just unfamiliar with how the kWh are actually calculated. I do see the watts used on each hash board, would this be the most accurate (understanding the control board is likely not reported or otherwise compensated for)?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Cheers,

DeFiDarrin
Alynn

Re: Power Usage Algorithm Accuracy

Post by Alynn » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:19 am

It's an estimate. You would need to track actual power draw from the wall if you want a real accurate representation of how much power draw you are using then updating your password arguments to match those numbers.

I believe it uses stock numbers for the hardware when specifying power usage.

Either way the site cannot know how much power you are actually using, it only estimates it based on the numbers input in the password argument (or defined by the hardware in the drop down)
DeFiDarrin

Re: Power Usage Algorithm Accuracy

Post by DeFiDarrin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:00 pm

Thanks Alynn, I appreciate the response. Looks like I'll need to invest in some hardware to log and track energy consumption.

Cheers,

Darrin