what happens to mis-sent Atheios ?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
WebMonkey

what happens to mis-sent Atheios ?

Post by WebMonkey » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm

hey all, quick question.

first, IT IS ALL MY FAULT. no one to blame but me.

ok, i put an ethereum address in the Atheios payout address.

a small 'dollar' amount of Atheios was paid out to the eth address.

my question is, what happens to that Atheios?

(again, not asking for prohashing to fix my screw up. just want to know how the ethereum address/blockchain will handle the wrong 'coin' being sent)

thanks for your time.
Kaffiend

Re: what happens to mis-sent Atheios ?

Post by Kaffiend » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:29 pm

I'm not absolutely certain, someone else may know for absolute sure. But its my understanding that if you ever send a coin to the wrong address type it is burned/lost forever.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:11 pm

That's not true. If you have the private key for the Ethereum address, you can write code to derive the corresponding public key for any other network.

If someone has had this problem before with these two specific networks, then there may already be software that can do that - but because you are using private keys, the software needs to be absolutely trustworthy. For that reason, it doesn't make sense to pursue the money unless it's worth more than the $500 a developer would probably charge to figure it out.
WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:28 pm

thanks for the replies.

i've had a run of bad luck with addresses lately.

turtlecoin had a mandatory swap to wrapped turtle on the fantom network and evidently the FTM address at binance isn't compatible so no turtle for me.

then i put the wrong address in for ATH.

i gotta get my head in the game.

lastly, everytime i see steve sokolowski post, i think of a friend i had while serving in west germany back in the 80s.

:)
WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:53 pm

update:

so here's what i've found.

if i could actually get metamask to add the atheios network, my ethereum address/account WOULD show the ath coins when i switch metamask from ethereum mainnet to ath net.

how did i arrive at that?

i downloaded the ath desktop wallet.
i imported my ethereum wallet from metamask to the ath desktop wallet using private key method.

ath coins show up that were sent to my ethereum address ON THE ATH network

metamask says you can switch between networks using the same address.
i think it works but i cant get atheios network to actually add correctly.