Prohashing app for android/IOS

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
DoraCasey

Re: Prohashing app for android/IOS

Post by DoraCasey » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:57 am

I'm also looking for something like that
Everyone can use GB WhatsApp to make chat with each other anytime, anywhere
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 pm

greenhorn0815 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:45 pm Bump for an app
Hello. I'm going through some of the forum posts from before I was hired and came across this one. I know yours was from a while ago, but I wanted to let you know that Minerbox has recently started offering support for Prohashing. Is this helpful to you? Minerbox - iOS and Android App Prohashing Integration Released
Setvin

Post by Setvin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:49 am

People really want to see an app comparable to nicehash that shows you all of the stats and makes it easy. I personally don't, but having spoken to many new miners they find the details to be quite daunting. Creating an app isn't as easy as most people expect though - but I expect if you did so a lot of people would start joining that otherwise would feel uncomfortable.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Setvin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:49 am People really want to see an app comparable to nicehash that shows you all of the stats and makes it easy. I personally don't, but having spoken to many new miners they find the details to be quite daunting. Creating an app isn't as easy as most people expect though - but I expect if you did so a lot of people would start joining that otherwise would feel uncomfortable.
Doesn't the website already provide you with the stats you're looking for, though? The website is responsive, which means that if you open it in a phone, it will display in an entirely different format that is designed specifically for a phone.

All an app would do is to essentially display what's in the web browser in another program, so why not use the browser, right?
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:37 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm
Setvin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:49 am People really want to see an app comparable to nicehash that shows you all of the stats and makes it easy. I personally don't, but having spoken to many new miners they find the details to be quite daunting. Creating an app isn't as easy as most people expect though - but I expect if you did so a lot of people would start joining that otherwise would feel uncomfortable.
Doesn't the website already provide you with the stats you're looking for, though? The website is responsive, which means that if you open it in a phone, it will display in an entirely different format that is designed specifically for a phone.

All an app would do is to essentially display what's in the web browser in another program, so why not use the browser, right?
Oh of course, and it does a great job both on desktop and mobile, especially when compared to the mobile versions of many other websites. I think a better way to put it is that an app would display the information in a native environment. I really like the desktop version of the website, but the mobile version has some flaws that, although really pretty minor, leave me wishing the site acted more like an app. I've explored a few different mining stats apps and I am intrigued by the concept of super condensed "at-a-glance" information that can update in the background and provide mobile-unique features like push notifications and widgets. I'm getting back into learning how to code so I can try my hand at making an app like this. Not because the website is bad but rather because I want to heavily customize the view. ...well, okay that and the mobile version constantly logging me out is a little annoying too.

To be fair though Setvin, I'm not so sure that new miners would be any less intimidated by what a mobile app will provide compared to the website. It's still all the same info plus you have to connect the WAMP API key and I could see that easily being a never ending support nightmare. The only advantage I see for new miners is being on a familiar platform, since everything has an app these days.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 am

bMeister1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:37 am

Oh of course, and it does a great job both on desktop and mobile, especially when compared to the mobile versions of many other websites. I think a better way to put it is that an app would display the information in a native environment. I really like the desktop version of the website, but the mobile version has some flaws that, although really pretty minor, leave me wishing the site acted more like an app. I've explored a few different mining stats apps and I am intrigued by the concept of super condensed "at-a-glance" information that can update in the background and provide mobile-unique features like push notifications and widgets. I'm getting back into learning how to code so I can try my hand at making an app like this. Not because the website is bad but rather because I want to heavily customize the view. ...well, okay that and the mobile version constantly logging me out is a little annoying too.

To be fair though Setvin, I'm not so sure that new miners would be any less intimidated by what a mobile app will provide compared to the website. It's still all the same info plus you have to connect the WAMP API key and I could see that easily being a never ending support nightmare. The only advantage I see for new miners is being on a familiar platform, since everything has an app these days.
The website should not be logging you out constantly. If it is, that's a bug. Could you describe that issue in further detail, so that Michael can address it?

If the website is configured for frequent logouts, then maybe a good solution would be to only require re-login for write operations, like changing passwords and payout proportions.
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 am
bMeister1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:37 am

The website should not be logging you out constantly. If it is, that's a bug. Could you describe that issue in further detail, so that Michael can address it?

If the website is configured for frequent logouts, then maybe a good solution would be to only require re-login for write operations, like changing passwords and payout proportions.
I also have the same problem of the website logging me out on mobile every time I close the browser.
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 am The website should not be logging you out constantly. If it is, that's a bug. Could you describe that issue in further detail, so that Michael can address it?

Ah, I suspected that might have been the case but it wasn't annoying enough to make a ticket. lol In my case, I keep the Dashboard page open as a tab in Safari in iOS 14.7.1 and attempt to refer to it every now and then throughout the day. Usually what happens is if I have not checked Safari in a few hours (haven't quite found the magic number yet but that is a conservative estimate) the website will take me back to the login screen and then after I log back in it goes right back to the Dashboard. At first I thought it was doing that because I had restarted my phone but after leaving my phone on overnight and still getting logged out, that's clearly not it. Especially since with the desktop site I just have a bookmark set up in Firefox and can jump right to the Dashboard no matter how long it's been since I visited or if my machine has been shut down. A phone restart always results in requiring a new log in on mobile and it seems about 3-5 hours of Safari sitting in the background also causes it. I did notice that with all tabs, if they meet either of the mentioned conditions, they also automatically reload so that behavior is not unique to Prohashing, just the part where I have to log back in when it happens. Once I'm logged in, I can refresh the page all I want and it won't log me out.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 am

bMeister1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:32 am The website should not be logging you out constantly. If it is, that's a bug. Could you describe that issue in further detail, so that Michael can address it?

Ah, I suspected that might have been the case but it wasn't annoying enough to make a ticket. lol In my case, I keep the Dashboard page open as a tab in Safari in iOS 14.7.1 and attempt to refer to it every now and then throughout the day. Usually what happens is if I have not checked Safari in a few hours (haven't quite found the magic number yet but that is a conservative estimate) the website will take me back to the login screen and then after I log back in it goes right back to the Dashboard. At first I thought it was doing that because I had restarted my phone but after leaving my phone on overnight and still getting logged out, that's clearly not it. Especially since with the desktop site I just have a bookmark set up in Firefox and can jump right to the Dashboard no matter how long it's been since I visited or if my machine has been shut down. A phone restart always results in requiring a new log in on mobile and it seems about 3-5 hours of Safari sitting in the background also causes it. I did notice that with all tabs, if they meet either of the mentioned conditions, they also automatically reload so that behavior is not unique to Prohashing, just the part where I have to log back in when it happens. Once I'm logged in, I can refresh the page all I want and it won't log me out.
I do wonder if that is a setting specific to Safari. I have had other sites that will do that to me also. They stay logged in as long as I want on the computer, but if I open them on the phone, I have to log in separately each time.
sonicrules

Post by sonicrules » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:47 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 am
bMeister1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 pm

I do wonder if that is a setting specific to Safari. I have had other sites that will do that to me also. They stay logged in as long as I want on the computer, but if I open them on the phone, I have to log in separately each time.
I use chrome on mobile, and it only logs me out when I close the browser. Other sites don't have that problem.