Ethereum London Hard Fork? What does it mean for miners?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ilovecoffee

Ethereum London Hard Fork? What does it mean for miners?

Post by Ilovecoffee » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am

Hey everone,

Still a noob here, I'm trying to understand what impact if any the August 5 london hard fork will have on ethash mining?

Will I have to upgrade my mining software? (I'm using phoenixminer)

Will the amount of ethereum I'm currently mining on average drop?

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Ethereum London Hard Fork? What does it mean for miners?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Ilovecoffee wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am Hey everone,

Still a noob here, I'm trying to understand what impact if any the August 5 london hard fork will have on ethash mining?

Will I have to upgrade my mining software? (I'm using phoenixminer)

Will the amount of ethereum I'm currently mining on average drop?

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this.
This is a non-market question, so I'm going to move it to the "non-market discussion" forum.
cccrrr343

Re: Ethereum London Hard Fork? What does it mean for miners?

Post by cccrrr343 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:58 am

I believe it is going to cause a fairly significant decrease in profitability for miners unfortunately, although overall I think it will be good for the Ethereum network to try and bring these gas prices down.