Blastcoin

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
robinsoz

Blastcoin

Post by robinsoz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:11 am

I have had a couple SHA256 miners pointed at the pool recently and they have found several Blastcoin blocks - which is apparently some sort of low value merge mined coin.

Every one of the blocks my miners have found shows up as reversed and so brought would have brought no profit to the pool. However, I notice when I look at the selected shares screen it shows that credit for Blastcoin has been paid with an orphan/lost block penalty of 0.63%. I can see 3 possible options. It could be the blocks my miners find are spectacularly unlucky (unlikely). It could also be there is a display bug and these blocks were not actually reversed. The third possibility is that almost all Blastcoin blocks are being reversed and the pool is paying miners for reversed blocks and losing money.

Blastcoin is not worth much anyway - but it is in everyone's interest who is mining here that the pool is profitable to its owners and does not pay for work it should not so that the pool is more likely to stay around.
ryguy

Re: Blastcoin

Post by ryguy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:33 pm

This issue has been brought up before ( What's up with Blastcoin & why do we mine it? ). Not sure if it was every rectified.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Blastcoin

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm

robinsoz wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:11 am I have had a couple SHA256 miners pointed at the pool recently and they have found several Blastcoin blocks - which is apparently some sort of low value merge mined coin.

Every one of the blocks my miners have found shows up as reversed and so brought would have brought no profit to the pool. However, I notice when I look at the selected shares screen it shows that credit for Blastcoin has been paid with an orphan/lost block penalty of 0.63%. I can see 3 possible options. It could be the blocks my miners find are spectacularly unlucky (unlikely). It could also be there is a display bug and these blocks were not actually reversed. The third possibility is that almost all Blastcoin blocks are being reversed and the pool is paying miners for reversed blocks and losing money.

Blastcoin is not worth much anyway - but it is in everyone's interest who is mining here that the pool is profitable to its owners and does not pay for work it should not so that the pool is more likely to stay around.
This is a known error that is too difficult to fix. The Blastcoin API returns a value that is different than that which is returned from every other Bitcoin-like coin.

The problem is only a display error, so we decided it wasn't worth the money to address for such a small coin. If Blastcoin becomes more valuable and therefore these errors would become more noticible, then we'll address the problem. Instead, you can just ignore it, as no money is being lost.