Issue with payout proportions saving

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Issue with payout proportions saving

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 am

There was an issue with payout proportions saving that Vance is working to fix now. It caused some people to make less profit over the weekend, but no money was actually lost.

It turns out that because of floating point rounding, the total of payout proportions in the new website can be set to 100.0000001%. The database has checks to prevent shares from being inserted with payouts that are too high, so some shares were not inserted.

Vance will deploy the latest code to resolve this issue in an hour. Then, Chris will reset payout proportions for customers who are above 100% to the default. Finally, he will issue share corrections for the past few days before the next payout time.

Thanks to those who reported the issue!
punjab

Re: Issue with payout proportions saving

Post by punjab » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:00 pm

that fixed on my end. But money was also lost on my end, nothing to make a huff about just glad it's fixed
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm

It is true that it appears that everyone made less money, but that will be corrected later tonight, once Chris reviews the balances.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am

IS there a way to use the "old site" for the time being instead of being forced into various issues, bugs and fixes on the "new site".
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 am

PolakCrypto wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am IS there a way to use the "old site" for the time being instead of being forced into various issues, bugs and fixes on the "new site".
You can use the old site at https://old.prohashing.com/.

However, this issue is not something that could have been avoided by using the old site. It was caused by a problem on the new site that cascaded through the backend and affected the entire system. We're not aware of any similar major issues with the new site, and Vance believes that the minor issues that have been reported, like a few missing charts, will be resolved by late this week.
wchancao

Post by wchancao » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm It is true that it appears that everyone made less money, but that will be corrected later tonight, once Chris reviews the balances.
Hi Steve, my balance haven't been updated! Thought you were doing it yesterday...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am

We had planned to do that yesterday, but Chris has been working on these queries for 12 hours.

It turns out that it is extremely complex to determine how much money should have been given to customers, because some customers stopped mining during that period, or turn their miners on and off very frequently. It's not as simple as we thought, which was to just multiply earnings by a factor to offset losses.

No money was actually lost, so it will be credited soon - we expect that to occur within 6 hours. Chris also prevented the issue from continuing in the future, so only past earnings are now affected.

We need to determine how to proceed; our current thought is that we will just multiply by a factor and that some customers will earn more money than they should have during that period. Before we can do that, we need to run queries to compare how many blocks were actually found with the amount we might pay. An update will be posted here once we have it.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 am
PolakCrypto wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 am IS there a way to use the "old site" for the time being instead of being forced into various issues, bugs and fixes on the "new site".

However, this issue is not something that could have been avoided by using the old site. It was caused by a problem on the new site that cascaded through the backend and affected the entire system. We're not aware of any similar major issues with the new site, and Vance believes that the minor issues that have been reported, like a few missing charts, will be resolved by late this week.
Well vance isnt the same as me nor speaking for whats happening to me. Not sure if its a browser issue or what but on New site in 2 different browsers I CANNOT reallocate my proportion earnings. Went to the old site. thank jesus mary and joseph you still allowed the old site to stay up . Reselected on old site my proportions, 0% on one coin, to 100% on a new selected coin. It is working fine. For whatever reason on New site I click save when i redo proportions to a new payout coin and it acts like nothing happens when I click "save". Ive done it before several times on the new site and it worked fine the last couple days but IDK whats going on now more recently.

Vance said theres just missing charts so I maybe im just making this up. More than likely as usual it'll probably just resolve its self over the course of 1-2 days magically.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:07 pm

PolakCrypto wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 am

Well vance isnt the same as me nor speaking for whats happening to me. Not sure if its a browser issue or what but on New site in 2 different browsers I CANNOT reallocate my proportion earnings. Went to the old site. thank jesus mary and joseph you still allowed the old site to stay up . Reselected on old site my proportions, 0% on one coin, to 100% on a new selected coin. It is working fine. For whatever reason on New site I click save when i redo proportions to a new payout coin and it acts like nothing happens when I click "save". Ive done it before several times on the new site and it worked fine the last couple days but IDK whats going on now more recently.

Vance said theres just missing charts so I maybe im just making this up. More than likely as usual it'll probably just resolve its self over the course of 1-2 days magically.
Well, let's take care of one thing at a time. We'll get the money allocated first, then fix the charts, and then look into this issue.

Since the last time we posted, we determined the amount of money to be allocated to customers is about $6,000. Chris is trying to figure how to fairly allocate that now. Please submit a ticket about this issue with the payout proportions so that we can try to get a reproducible test case.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Chris is going to release today's payouts, as it looks like the error has not yet been resolved, and we're back to square one on the investigation. After he gets the payouts out, he'll get back to looking into the issue to determine who is affected and what the actual bug is. The issue still is not causing any losses of money.

Thanks for your patience!