Promoting Prohashing on Pool Listing Sites?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ltc2084

Promoting Prohashing on Pool Listing Sites?

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:52 pm

I've used www.poolpicker.eu for a while checking out supposed rankings of multipools. Prohashing is listed and compares well there.

Today I saw this pool review site: http://blockgen.net/site/aboutUs

If the admins want to register there, if it makes sense and all, I can add a short positive review reflecting my experience.

With the challenge of fewer miners, it seems prudent to that more become aware the great features of prohashing.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Promoting Prohashing on Pool Listing Sites?

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:34 am

Thanks for pointing out the blockgen pool review site. I will contact them tomorrow to get us listed. Do you know of any other pool review/listing websites? I am not that familiar with which ones are popular, and I want to make sure that we are listed on all of them.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:17 am

ltc2084 wrote:I've used http://www.poolpicker.eu for a while checking out supposed rankings of multipools. Prohashing is listed and compares well there.

Today I saw this pool review site: http://blockgen.net/site/aboutUs

If the admins want to register there, if it makes sense and all, I can add a short positive review reflecting my experience.

With the challenge of fewer miners, it seems prudent to that more become aware the great features of prohashing.
I too am interested in some more reliable sites than Poolpicker.

Poolpicker trusts its pools to accurately report statistics. As you can see, the Infernopool is reporting huge numbers, but what Poolpicker doesn't report is that Infernopool is a fractional reserve by their own admission. If we used Cryptsy, we could also get huge numbers but wouldn't be able to withdraw any payouts.

It would be great if someone would start a verified site where they actually connect miners to pools and report accurate numbers.
JarBinks

Post by JarBinks » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:20 pm

fractional reserve
If you don't mind, what does that mean?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 am

Fractional reserve means that the site owes more money than it has in its wallets. If a run occurs and customers begin to withdrawal their funds, the wallets will empty and the last customers will be left holding the bag.
JarBinks

Post by JarBinks » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 am

If a pool pays @ 2AM for the previous days activity, how can it be fractional?
I am not specifically talking about Infernopool, just asking in general
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:01 am

If the pool isn't paying every user at 2AM, only a subset of its users, then it can be fractional because it might not have enough money to pay all users at once. That said, it's unlikely that a pool that forces payouts every day is running fractionally. It's much easier to run a fractional reserve when you require users to manually request payouts. In that case you know that some users will forget about their balances and the other payouts will be relatively evenly spaced throughout the day removing the requirement to have a full wallet at any given time.