KNC Titan

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
cryptorific

KNC Titan

Post by cryptorific » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Does anyone have a titan on the pool or tried to get one to work with the pool? if so how's the performance? I'm getting mine tomorrow so I'm hoping to know ahead of time.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: KNC Titan

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:36 pm

I can't help you get it configured since I don't have any experience with the miner. If you find that you still can't get it working optimally with Prohashing yet it works on other pools, let me know and I will work with you to diagnose and fix the issue.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 am

I had tried the other day. The miner showed good stats but the Prohashing gauge stayed at zero.

I emailed to [email protected] but they all bounced so I sort of gave up on it. It may work. Apparently you must do a difficulty of 2084 on many pools to get low errors... not sure why. Many pools have lots of errors with the Titan. Liteguardian seems to work well though -- less than 1% rejects.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 am

I'm going to manually set the maximum difficulty at 2048 so that new people don't have this problem. Thanks for pointing that out.

I apologize for the E-Mail server issue. We can't log into the webserver where the E-Mail server is hosted. The host replied to our ticket and stated that it sent an E-Mail to the address registered with the account, but the messages the host sends do not comply with the official E-Mail specifications and get rejected. Our current solution is to move that server to a new host, but we are stuck if we can't log into SSH.

I don't know what to do about this KNC Titan problem. The problem is that these Titans take about 10 seconds to get new work. If we had coin switches that infrequently, our algorithm would make people who don't have Titans less money. One of the solutions we considered is to create a less profitable port that will work with these Titans, and another is to allow people to continue mining the current coin even though it is no longer very profitable until the nonce range is exhausted.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:42 am

Steve -- did you ever decide on a solution for Titan users?

I might come back if you have an optimized solution for us.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Yes. This issue was resolved a long time ago with work restart testing.

When you connect to the pool, the Titans will be tested to determine how long it takes for them to restart, for about a minute. If it turns out that they do take 10 seconds to start mining, then they will be assigned easy coins like litecoins that allow them to be as profitable as they can be.

Feel free to let us know if you have any problems.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Thanks.

Am trying to follow the instructions.

Do I need to add skipcbcheck and scantime in my config like this? I found this on another forum but the prohash page just says "use skipbcheck" with no explanation. Is this right? Do I need both? What about other options in the password field -- are any recommended?

Thanks!

{
"pools": [
{
"url": "prohashing.com:3333",
"user": "my-username",
"pass": "n=worker-name"
}
],
"skipcbcheck": true,
"--scan-time": 1
}

Thanks.

https://prohashing.com/help.html?topic=earnings-worker

Optimizing for KnC Titan hardware
Prohashing's mining server has been optimized to extract the maximum hashrate from KnC Titan miners, which typically have longer work restart times than other miners. To ensure that your miner achieves the optimal hashrate, we recommend that the following configuration settings:

Download the newest firmware (at least version 2.0.0), which has BFGMiner 5.1 installed with a number of Titan fixes for faster coins.
Use skipcbcheck when connecting to Prohashing. This eliminates errors in the BFGMiner console.
A difficulty is 8192 is suggested, although you may find a different difficulty to be more optimal.
Thank you to user kires for these suggestions.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:22 pm

I found some other threads:

http://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?t=524
http://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?t=207

A current Titan newb settings instructions sheet would be much useful/appreciated.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:36 pm

This is basically what I am using for three Titan cubes.

Please let me know if I should be doing anything differently.

{
"pools": [
{
"url": "stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333",
"user": "ltc2084",
"pass": "d=8192 n=Worker1"
},
],
"skipcbcheck": true,
"--scan-time": 1,
"failover-only": true,
"no-submit-stale": true,
"scrypt-n": 10
}
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:38 am

I have never used a Titan myself, so I can only go by the experiences of our users. From what I see in your configuration, everything looks good with the exception of the "no-submit-stale," which you should change to false so that we can pay you for suboptimal shares.