Problems with Ethash Mining Profitability

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
rahuldel

Problems with Ethash Mining Profitability

Post by rahuldel » Wed May 06, 2020 2:56 am

What is happening with Ethash Mining.........?

It seems to be switching to Callisto

and saying - The previous found block was lost and disables the coin for sometime and then again switching.......

I think we are loosing mining power and revenue on this coin.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Problems with Ethash Mining Profitability

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 06, 2020 8:16 am

JiveTonto wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:32 am getting to much focused on it,...........or their slow daemon getting rejected from the network with its slow shares/finds hence the block status's

remember professional miners tune to coins like this with share size for every block found and chase that probability to lean it in their favor ,these guys here are just luck effect with hashing power bit sad really cant supply on the fly share size calculation difficulty with a average latency base thrown in for good works then they could/would probably use said available mining power and understand how to develop a "mining program" to manipulate a blocks difficulty on a public network to suit best overall profitability,Just needs a little foresight and forethought and then a little bit of integrity sicking to a mining plan and pushing off the quick buckers/learchers

But hey what would i know ,they tryed to call me an unscrupulous trader and they were using a bot.........i wasnt just out hedged =) and can read their basic formula/recipe and apparently its still ""ignorance is bill"" even after a complaint of loosing a million in a day......hey thats whats happens when you play with currency(they like to specify which one/ones's) and to some of us it doesn't matter its just numbers( btw i like 7 ) ------Thats for you Steve and Chris
Have a good day

Cheers John
JiveTonto
hihihihihi22
13mw23

and more take ya pick
For this post, I'm going to invoke the "trivially proof" forum rule, which states that users, when requested, must provide proof for facts that would require almost no effort to back up. Otherwise, as the rule states, the post will be deleted, and after three violations, the user will be banned. This would be the second violation, if no proof is provided.

In this case, I'm requesting that you post a link to the post, or the support ticket number, where you were called an "unscrupulous trader." Perhaps my memory is wrong, and that will clear up the misunderstanding and I can apologize. Thanks!
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Wed May 06, 2020 10:52 am

Finally, price data is sometimes adjusted to account for market manipulators. Some exchanges have no minimum order size, and therefore unscrupulous traders often place "dust" orders with wide spacing between their orders and the next order. Such "dust" orders are designed to trick bots into believing that the small order represents the best price, and therefore the bots make bad trades. Prohashing ignores such orders, which can cause the listed price to be more representative of actual market conditions. However, because some exchanges list the "sell price" of a coin in their APIs and website as the highest priced buy order, it can appear that it is actually possible to sell more than one satoshi at that higher price when it is not.

https://prohashing.com/help.html

straight from your help section

herefore unscrupulous traders often place "dust" orders with wide spacing between their orders and the next order.

your referring to someone with those key words

just like yelling out hey dog down the street,you could be refering to anyone or hey anything,i took it personally because of your example

CHN -> LTC -> BTC -> NYAN.

which youve chosen as part of yours and my history,clear identifying two parties, too use it in context referring to one party as a unscrupulous traders and unless your refering to your bot that got beat i dont think your talking about yourself hehe

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:16 am

For this post, I'm going to invoke the "trivially proof" forum rule, which states that users, when requested, must provide proof for facts that would require almost no effort to back up. Otherwise, as the rule states, the post will be deleted, and after three violations, the user will be banned. This would be the second violation, if no proof is provided.

In this case, I'm requesting that you post a link to the post, or the support ticket number, where you were called an "unscrupulous trader." Perhaps my memory is wrong, and that will clear up the misunderstanding and I can apologize. Thanks!
mstrozier

Post by mstrozier » Wed May 06, 2020 11:01 am

Well in regards to Callisto, just go to Live Status, select Ethash algo and it's showing Callisto earning 36.298 cents per MH. This coin has either forked or other issues. As Callisto should not be at that value over ETH or ETC mining. This 36 cents a MH is at the time of this posting: 11:00 am Eastern Time. I've set my coin to ETC via password modifiers to avoid this.
JiveTonto

Post by JiveTonto » Wed May 06, 2020 11:03 am

mstrozier wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:01 am Well in regards to Callisto, just go to Live Status, select Ethash algo and it's showing Callisto earning 36.298 cents per MH. This coin has either forked or other issues. As Callisto should not be at that value over ETH or ETC mining. This 36 cents a MH is at the time of this posting: 11:00 am Eastern Time.

pools daemon is to slow to react, (actual network speed) is ahead of that,follow block number using moire than 1 source

its a base coding issue here they have with alot of fast coins
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 pm

JiveTonto wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:52 am Finally, price data is sometimes adjusted to account for market manipulators. Some exchanges have no minimum order size, and therefore unscrupulous traders often place "dust" orders with wide spacing between their orders and the next order. Such "dust" orders are designed to trick bots into believing that the small order represents the best price, and therefore the bots make bad trades. Prohashing ignores such orders, which can cause the listed price to be more representative of actual market conditions. However, because some exchanges list the "sell price" of a coin in their APIs and website as the highest priced buy order, it can appear that it is actually possible to sell more than one satoshi at that higher price when it is not.

https://prohashing.com/help.html

straight from your help section

herefore unscrupulous traders often place "dust" orders with wide spacing between their orders and the next order.

your referring to someone with those key words

just like yelling out hey dog down the street,you could be refering to anyone or hey anything,i took it personally because of your example

CHN -> LTC -> BTC -> NYAN.

which youve chosen as part of yours and my history,clear identifying two parties, too use it in context referring to one party as a unscrupulous traders and unless your refering to your bot that got beat i dont think your talking about yourself hehe

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:16 am

This document doesn't support your claim that "[we] tryed [sic] to call [you] an unscrupulous trader." There is no reference to you in our documentation.

If you'd like, you can edit your posts to correct them to state that the documentation calls traders who conduct these type of trades unscrupulous - or a similar more accurate phrasing. If you prefer, you can delete the posts. Thanks!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Note: a post in this thread was deleted because the user did not correct it as requested.