Status as of Monday, January 13, 2020

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, January 13, 2020

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am

Good morning!
  • Work continues on the new website. Vance and Constance are still on track for a May release. This new site will feature a simplified interface, better charts and graphs, and the ability to better test before changes are released.
  • Recent issues with TRON payouts have been caused by the TRON client desynchronizing from the network. We were not able to determine the cause of the problem, but restarting the TRON daemon every five minutes seems to resolve the problem. We had thought the issue was resolved earlier, but Chris updated operating system packages and those changes overwrote the five-minute restart timer. Chris restored the timer, and TRON seems to have resumed functioning again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • I've finished development for MTP mining and can get MTP miners to connect and authenticate, but ccminer is now returning an error message that does not provide any information on the cause of the problem. I put MTP mining aside for a little while so that we can resolve other issues.
  • Over the holidays, I spent weeks on automation of Chris's tedious tasks, like searching for disabled exchange markets and identifying coin forks. I was able to write programs that reduced his workload spent on these tasks by as much as five hours per week, which starting now will allow more of his time to be devoted to development and less time to be spent on configuration and maintenance.
  • We signed a contract with Comcast recently to relocate our servers to a new facility, after it became clear to us that the landlord of the building where the servers are currently located has fallen behind on the mortgage. As part of the new contract, we also negotiated a bandwidth upgrade to 500Mbps, which will allow us to devote more upload bandwidth to coin daemons, which we're hoping will make coins more reliable.
  • At the same time as the servers are being moved, Chris will also upgrade the internal network to 10 gigabit Ethernet, as the 2TB backup files are taking days to move from one server to another and need to be throttled to avoid saturating the 1Gbps connections. Chris will also upgrade the database to PostgreSQL 12. All together, we believe there will be 24 hours of downtime on April 10-11, or a day around that time.
azr536

Re: Status as of Monday, January 13, 2020

Post by azr536 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 pm

hi:
i can not connect my device to pool .why?
i shoud connect to new saite?
x24646h3

Re: Status as of Monday, January 13, 2020

Post by x24646h3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:34 am

Steve,

MTP, right now, happens to be the most profitable algorithm to mine for GPUs in general. Check out https://whattomine.com/gpus.

If you got MTP up and running, I would point my GPUs over to Prohashing for this very purpose.

Best Regards,

Scott
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am Good morning!
  • Work continues on the new website. Vance and Constance are still on track for a May release. This new site will feature a simplified interface, better charts and graphs, and the ability to better test before changes are released.
  • Recent issues with TRON payouts have been caused by the TRON client desynchronizing from the network. We were not able to determine the cause of the problem, but restarting the TRON daemon every five minutes seems to resolve the problem. We had thought the issue was resolved earlier, but Chris updated operating system packages and those changes overwrote the five-minute restart timer. Chris restored the timer, and TRON seems to have resumed functioning again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • I've finished development for MTP mining and can get MTP miners to connect and authenticate, but ccminer is now returning an error message that does not provide any information on the cause of the problem. I put MTP mining aside for a little while so that we can resolve other issues.
  • Over the holidays, I spent weeks on automation of Chris's tedious tasks, like searching for disabled exchange markets and identifying coin forks. I was able to write programs that reduced his workload spent on these tasks by as much as five hours per week, which starting now will allow more of his time to be devoted to development and less time to be spent on configuration and maintenance.
  • We signed a contract with Comcast recently to relocate our servers to a new facility, after it became clear to us that the landlord of the building where the servers are currently located has fallen behind on the mortgage. As part of the new contract, we also negotiated a bandwidth upgrade to 500Mbps, which will allow us to devote more upload bandwidth to coin daemons, which we're hoping will make coins more reliable.
  • At the same time as the servers are being moved, Chris will also upgrade the internal network to 10 gigabit Ethernet, as the 2TB backup files are taking days to move from one server to another and need to be throttled to avoid saturating the 1Gbps connections. Chris will also upgrade the database to PostgreSQL 12. All together, we believe there will be 24 hours of downtime on April 10-11, or a day around that time.