Added competitor comparison to homepage

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Added competitor comparison to homepage

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 am

I'm pleased to announce that we added a comparison to competitors to the homepage. The comparison is next to the "% of anchor" comparisons.

This new column presents how much more you can earn at Prohashing compared to mining with the highest-earning competitor for that algorithm. So far, the highest earning competitor appears to be Nicehash. The data for these competitors is taken from their own APIs and compared to our APIs, after fees (but not including the competitor's withdrawal fees, so if any exist, our advantage will be greater.)

As you can see, for the big three algorithms (SHA-256, scrypt, and X11,) Prohashing outperforms Nicehash, which is in line with real-world testing I conducted with Antminer products two months ago.

We will be adding more competitors over the coming month or two so that all of the algorithms has comparison data.
siberianbreaks

Re: Added competitor comparison to homepage

Post by siberianbreaks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 am

Is that a joke ? nicehash rates are allways 20% or more profitiable than prohashing so dont lie people
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:17 am

siberianbreaks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 am Is that a joke ? nicehash rates are allways 20% or more profitiable than prohashing so dont lie people
That may be correct for some algorithms, but not for the algorithms listed. The data is being obtained from Nicehash's own API, so that's what they're reporting themselves. Testing with an actual S7 also backed up the profitability difference with actual mining - you can look at the "News" section for the results of those tests.

We don't list algorithms in that column where we have no data, or where Nicehash reports itself as being more profitable. Therefore, if the box is empty, it's possible that Nicehash earns more for that algorithm.

What data are you using that shows that the numbers are incorrect? If you can provide us with the way you configured your miners and how you mined at each pool, I'll investigate the results further.
psylocyber

Post by psylocyber » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 am

Hey Steve,
I'm not seeing this info. I see the comparison to the anchor coin, but nothing about competitors.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:44 pm

psylocyber wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 am Hey Steve,
I'm not seeing this info. I see the comparison to the anchor coin, but nothing about competitors.
The competitor APIs aren't returning valid data anymore, for an unknown reason. The default behavior in that case is to not show any comparisons.

We decided to set this issue as a low priority, since there are other tasks that could make the pool better for miners in the meantime, like adding MTP mining or completing the new website.
psylocyber

Post by psylocyber » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Cool.
I thought there was something wrong with my browser or the add-ons.
Thanks