Problem with Ethash Mining?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mstrozier

Problem with Ethash Mining?

Post by mstrozier » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:09 am

I tried to open a ticket however I am unable to log into the support system. I even tried to have the system reset my password and nothing happens. So asking the question here.

When I have my mining rig pointed to: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 for Ethash, after a while of mining when the system automatically switches coins I assume for the most profitable to mine for the given algorithm it stops the miner. I am using Claymore and it'll roll my miner over to my secondary pools when Prohashing fails / crashes. This is the error I receive in my log: "Authorization failed because the static coin/algorithm combination is in error."

Any ideas? It seems like when it's mining Ethereum, all is well. But if the system auto switches to another coin within the Ethash algorithm, that's when the error occurs.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Problem with Ethash Mining?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:47 pm

mstrozier wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:09 am I tried to open a ticket however I am unable to log into the support system. I even tried to have the system reset my password and nothing happens. So asking the question here.

When I have my mining rig pointed to: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 for Ethash, after a while of mining when the system automatically switches coins I assume for the most profitable to mine for the given algorithm it stops the miner. I am using Claymore and it'll roll my miner over to my secondary pools when Prohashing fails / crashes. This is the error I receive in my log: "Authorization failed because the static coin/algorithm combination is in error."

Any ideas? It seems like when it's mining Ethereum, all is well. But if the system auto switches to another coin within the Ethash algorithm, that's when the error occurs.
Thanks for the report. I'll look into this issue tomorrow morning, and will write about what I find here.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am

mstrozier wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:09 am I tried to open a ticket however I am unable to log into the support system. I even tried to have the system reset my password and nothing happens. So asking the question here.

Hi,

I looked into this issue. Could you tell me the exact time and day that the error occurred, down to the second if possible? If you can't recall, then perhaps your miners store logs that can help you find the data.

Once you get back to me, I should be able to reply with a clearer answer of what happened.
mstrozier

Post by mstrozier » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 am

Sadly didn't have a log. I've got my miners pointed back on ethash and will let you know if it occurs again, now producing a log. I do know it occurred both on 11/05 and 11/06. On the 6th it was between 8:30am to 10:30am Eastern Time.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:47 am

mstrozier wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 am Sadly didn't have a log. I've got my miners pointed back on ethash and will let you know if it occurs again, now producing a log. I do know it occurred both on 11/05 and 11/06. On the 6th it was between 8:30am to 10:30am Eastern Time.
Thanks! We added debug code to try to figure out what the issue is here. It's currently running and recording data to the database, but enough time hasn't passed yet to record all the data we need.

Once we have three days of data, then I'll run queries and see what is causing this problem.