Using Prohashing with NiceHash will result in Prohashing confiscating your earnings.

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Using Prohashing with NiceHash will result in Prohashing confiscating your earnings.

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:42 am

jamun99 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:07 am Having a low luck implies that you can manipulate the luck of your share. If you can manipulate it down why not up? This would also imply that the crypto algo being used are flawed, this would be a huge revelation.

-So the shares are valid but they're "low luck"? This is not possible unless mining is flawed. Either you did the work, in which case why would you manipulate down, or you didn't do the work and came up with an answer, which would mean the hashing functions all crypto is based on is flawed.

-Why would only prohashing see's this? This would be an issue industry wide. Given the implications I'm sure other pools have looked into this, not a peep from anyone.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to answer this issue in full, because I'm investigating lower profitability on equihash right now.

That said, I would direct you to a Google search for how miners can decide not to submit blocks. It is not true that nobody has looked into this issue; this is a well-known problem that was identified many years ago. There are at least 10 papers in arXiV about this - here's one: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1402.1718.pdf.

Nicehash's terms of service (you can search for them) explicitly state that they are not liable for delivering the promised hashrate, and that they do not give refunds in the case the hashrate is low luck. Furthermore, when I contacted them, they refused to state that they take any steps at all to ensure that miners submit all shares.

Miningrigrentals, a competitor to Nicehash, does actively check shares and responds to support tickets about this issue, which is why we recommend them.