New "Tools" page released

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

New "Tools" page released

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 am

We're proud to announce the release of the new "Tools" page, which can be accessed by clicking on the new "Tools" link at the top of the website, which links to https://prohashing.com/tools/.

Constance has been hard at work addressing complaints that it can be challenging for new customers to get started with the site. We decided that a tool that can generate password arguments would make it easy to get started more quickly. The "Tools" page asks the user a few simple questions, and generates the configuration parameters for a miner based upon the answers.

Constance was also kind enough to create a "profitability estimator" as well. The data on the "Tools" page is used to compute how much money a miner can expect to earn from mining with Prohashing for a day. While this data was previously available on the "Charts" page, the new estimator doesn't require customers to perform any math to come up with the answer. Unlike many estimators elsewhere on the Internet, this page includes real-time data on coin profitability as well as the miner's hashrates, so customers can determine the profitability of any coin for any algorithm that is traded at an exchange that accepts US customers.

Please thank Constance for her hard work below if you appreciate her dedication to this task, and feel free to offer comments and suggestions!
MaXeY

Re: New "Tools" page released

Post by MaXeY » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 am

Thank you for the Improvement
Digibyte Miner :idea:
cc4506

Post by cc4506 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am

Hey, that's pretty impressive Steve. Good job Constance! Might want to add the Bitmain Z9's as they are still pretty popular.

When a miner is no longer profitable its just blank by "estimated overall profit" at first I was confused by it till I put another unit in.

If there is a US exchange that takes X11 gost I could plug my poor little Baikal BK-X's back in if you added it :P

But really, this is well done and I can imagine a ton of work.

Chris
dooda2

Post by dooda2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:40 am

Yes! Now that's what we need!! Love it!
dooda2

Post by dooda2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am

Steve, is the profitability on the calculator our approx nett, after fees? And is it a last 24hr average or what? Thanks again.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 am

dooda2 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am Steve, is the profitability on the calculator our approx nett, after fees? And is it a last 24hr average or what? Thanks again.
The profitability calculator displays what you would have earned if you had been mining here with the selected settings during the previous day.
Aramis

Post by Aramis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Must say I love the new tools page and profitability calculator! I have been asking for this feature for some time and its great to see it finally! Now my question is is there a way that we can have the option to have it from hashes per sec to where we can just have a dropdown menu option for TH or GH or MH that would make this so much easier to navigate.

Thanks,
Aramis
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:35 am

Aramis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm Must say I love the new tools page and profitability calculator! I have been asking for this feature for some time and its great to see it finally! Now my question is is there a way that we can have the option to have it from hashes per sec to where we can just have a dropdown menu option for TH or GH or MH that would make this so much easier to navigate.

Thanks,
Aramis
Hi,

I'll add this as a suggestion for Constance. That said, while we definitely want to do this at some point, I'm sure you can understand that we want to fix issues that can't be worked around first.

Constance will reply to you once it's available!

-Steve