Number of connected workers notifications now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Number of connected workers notifications now available

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Vance recently completed a new type of notification: "number of connected workers." This notification type provides a new way to track whether any of your miners have disconnected from the pool. You can set a range of workers that you want to receive notifications when the number connected falls outside the range. Or, if you just want to be notified when any of your workers disconnects, you can set the minimum to the number of workers you expect to be connected, and the maximum to a very high number.

The feature is now available in the "notifications" portion of the "Settings" page. Comments are always welcome!
MaXeY

Re: Number of connected workers notifications now available

Post by MaXeY » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:48 pm

i have 9 workers
how to setup to be notified when one of them down

thank you
Digibyte Miner :idea:
MaXeY

Post by MaXeY » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:53 pm

so i set Min= 9 and max= any high number right ?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:55 pm

MaXeY wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:53 pm so i set Min= 9 and max= any high number right ?
Yep. If you only care about the minimum number of workers, just set the minimum to however many workers you want to be online.

But keep in mind that if even one worker goes offline, you'll receive a notification for that. Some customers have so many workers that it's almost impossible to keep them all online at all times. For that situation, the notification might make more sense to be set at something like 5% below the number of expected workers.
MaXeY

Post by MaXeY » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm

understood, i hope next update to make Miner Name Notification
let say i have 9 miners
i want to set Notification alert for worker 2 and worker 5