Miners are centralizing into huge farms

Read about Prohashing, mining, and coins in general!
Forum rules
Sign up to be notified of new posts to the Prohashing Blog at http://eepurl.com/gx1e0j
celicaguy18

Re: Miners are centralizing into huge farms

Post by celicaguy18 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 am

I am fairly new to this mining stuff as I have only gotten into it about a month ago. When doing research I initially went to Nicehash as a pool since it had the software and pool all in the same site, but the more I started reading about it I thought it was a little suspicious. I mean what website congratulates themselves on making a 1% repayment to their customers??

-I then went to Slushpool as some people online suggested. I was happy because they have an app that I could monitor my asic from and see the payouts, but I soon learned out that I had to make close to $100 before having a payout. (@10 cents a day, I wasn't going through that wait!)
-I then went to BTC pool as I could get paid out in Bitcoin Cash everyday with no fee attached. They also have a nice shiny app that I could monitor everything with. I choose to move on due to a Youtuber called "VoskCoin". He said he was using you guys and loved it, due to coin switching and he thought he made more money.
- I have been on with you guys for the past week or so. It does stink that there is no app in iOS to monitor the miner, so I have to go onto Safari and constantly log in and refresh every time I want to check things out.

I have a set of 4 USB NEWPAC miners that I use. I know it is very small in comparison to the big boys around here, but it is all I can afford at this time and it gets my feet wet into this game. ;) I will buy more as time goes on, and I can buy bigger and better miners.

In both Slushpool and BTC pool I both made 10 cents per day using the same equipment, but with you guys I can't seem to get over 8 cents. I am constantly making tweaks to the overclocking settings, and the password arguments to see if I can get it back up to where the other pools were at. I appreciate that you guys are in America like me, so you have to innovate the software instead of power through due to the lack of cheap electricity. :D
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:00 am

celicaguy18 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 am
I am fairly new to this mining stuff as I have only gotten into it about a month ago. When doing research I initially went to Nicehash as a pool since it had the software and pool all in the same site, but the more I started reading about it I thought it was a little suspicious. I mean what website congratulates themselves on making a 1% repayment to their customers??

-I then went to Slushpool as some people online suggested. I was happy because they have an app that I could monitor my asic from and see the payouts, but I soon learned out that I had to make close to $100 before having a payout. (@10 cents a day, I wasn't going through that wait!)
-I then went to BTC pool as I could get paid out in Bitcoin Cash everyday with no fee attached. They also have a nice shiny app that I could monitor everything with. I choose to move on due to a Youtuber called "VoskCoin". He said he was using you guys and loved it, due to coin switching and he thought he made more money.
- I have been on with you guys for the past week or so. It does stink that there is no app in iOS to monitor the miner, so I have to go onto Safari and constantly log in and refresh every time I want to check things out.

I have a set of 4 USB NEWPAC miners that I use. I know it is very small in comparison to the big boys around here, but it is all I can afford at this time and it gets my feet wet into this game. ;) I will buy more as time goes on, and I can buy bigger and better miners.

In both Slushpool and BTC pool I both made 10 cents per day using the same equipment, but with you guys I can't seem to get over 8 cents. I am constantly making tweaks to the overclocking settings, and the password arguments to see if I can get it back up to where the other pools were at. I appreciate that you guys are in America like me, so you have to innovate the software instead of power through due to the lack of cheap electricity. :D
I'll give you five dollars if you perform an experiment for me over the next day. Here's what I'd like you to do:
  • Create a new account at Slush's pool, and a second new account here.
  • Connect two of the NEWPAC miners to Slush's new account, and two of the miners to the new account you created here.
  • Start all the miners at exactly the same time, and disconnect them all at the same time 24 hours later.
  • After 12 hours, change the miners so that they point to the opposite pool. Each of the miners should mine for an equal amount of time at each pool.
  • At the end of the 24 hours, submit a support ticket with the usernames and passwords of the accounts at both pools, as well as the username of your long-term account here so you can be paid.
If you're willing to do this, that would be a great help. We can use the data to examine what could be different between the pools and optimize our mining.
celicaguy18

Post by celicaguy18 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 am

No problem, I'll try to start it when I get off work tonight
celicaguy18

Post by celicaguy18 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:54 am

Hey, I did everything you asked but you never paid me. Can you let me know what else you need? Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am

celicaguy18 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:54 am
Hey, I did everything you asked but you never paid me. Can you let me know what else you need? Thanks
I apologize for that - Chris has 88 support tickets and has not been able to get ahead of them because new tickets keep coming in. Your ticket is now in the top 20, and he expects to get to it within 2 days.

The problem is that these tickets that are coming in now are extremely complex problems that require significant investigation. One example is that Basic Attention Token contract rejected some payments, and another is that the Verge version 5 client orphans all our blocks, but the version 4 client disconnects from the network weekly but requires the full blockchain to be downloaded again in order to get new peers. There was another one where Bittrex stopped trading a coin with US customers, but the coin is still returning API calls on their exchange as if it is available to be traded.

We're still trying to figure out a way to get ahead of these tickets and may end up pulling someone from development later this week to get the queue down to zero if it is still high on Thursday.

The upside is that by the time Chris pays you, you'll probably end up getting more money, because of how the coins are going to continue crashing over the next month.
celicaguy18

Post by celicaguy18 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:30 pm

I understand. It just has been a few days and just wasn’t sure if you forgot about it. I can only imagine how stressful computer programming is. Good luck!