Connect Fine but no Hash?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CyberBeast135

Connect Fine but no Hash?

Post by CyberBeast135 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 am

I am running a Gekko NewPac ASIC miner for a few days and my hashing history shows zero?

Settings I am using are: (using port 3335 for sha256)

cgminer.com --usb 3:16 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335 suggested-diff 512 -u CyberBeast135 -p "a=sha-256" o="name"
--gekko-newpac-freq 180

I do see messages "Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"
Everything else appears normal but my dash board show no hash work completed?
I know sha256 is a tough area to work in, so am I missing a difficulty threshold?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Connect Fine but no Hash?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:11 am

CyberBeast135 wrote:I am running a Gekko NewPac ASIC miner for a few days and my hashing history shows zero?

Settings I am using are: (using port 3335 for sha256)

cgminer.com --usb 3:16 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335 suggested-diff 512 -u CyberBeast135 -p "a=sha-256" o="name"
--gekko-newpac-freq 180

I do see messages "Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"
Everything else appears normal but my dash board show no hash work completed?
I know sha256 is a tough area to work in, so am I missing a difficulty threshold?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi Cyber,

Thanks for joining. It's great to have you.

It does seem like the most likely cause is that the shares are too difficult. I'm not sure what "suggested-diff" is used for, but you should use the "d=" password argument to set a lower difficulty on the server side. At https://prohashing.com/help.html, you can see the list of difficulties supported for all algorithms. For SHA-256, the default difficulty is much higher than what you could set manually with "d=."

Try using the "d=" argument to set your difficulty lower and see if that makes a difference!

Thanks,

-Steve
CyberBeast135

Post by CyberBeast135 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:32 am

I put the difficulty value in the password field "d=32768" and restarted.

I was able to start hashing normal. Then after a few minutes:
Stratum connection to Pool 0 interrupted.
Stratum from Pool 0 requested work restart.
Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0.

I am not sure what is going on. I have another hub with several MoonLander2 devices working perfectly plugged into the same computer.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 pm

CyberBeast135 wrote:I put the difficulty value in the password field "d=32768" and restarted.

I was able to start hashing normal. Then after a few minutes:
Stratum connection to Pool 0 interrupted.
Stratum from Pool 0 requested work restart.
Rejected untracked stratum share from Pool 0.

I am not sure what is going on. I have another hub with several MoonLander2 devices working perfectly plugged into the same computer.
Are all of these devices coming from the same IP address, or does that computer have two connections?
CyberBeast135

Post by CyberBeast135 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Steve,
They are all on the same IP address connected to one laptop.
One hub has Moonlander2's on it and the other hub has Gekko's and the laptop is doing CPU hashing.

I am trying to use everything I got for hashing. :-0
CyberBeast135

Post by CyberBeast135 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Steve,
You may have something there. I do have the WiFi and the Ethernet cable active, so there is two IP's on the machine.
This can could create some confusion for the Stratum server. I have disabled the WiFi and only using the Ethernet cable straight to the router. We shall see if that was the issue.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:20 am

CyberBeast135 wrote:Steve,
You may have something there. I do have the WiFi and the Ethernet cable active, so there is two IP's on the machine.
This can could create some confusion for the Stratum server. I have disabled the WiFi and only using the Ethernet cable straight to the router. We shall see if that was the issue.
OK, great. Let me know what you find out.

There are many mining servers running behind a router that assigns miners to a different mining server depending upon their IP addresses. If you have two connections configured, it might be possible that some packets get sent through the other address, which would be directed to a different server.