Unable to connect Antminer R4 for solo mining LCC

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BoogerHook

Unable to connect Antminer R4 for solo mining LCC

Post by BoogerHook » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:16 am

I can't seem to get my antminer to connect to mine LitecoinCash. Every time I attempt a coin specific connection for LCC I receive the failure "Authorization failed because the static coin/algorithm combination is in error."
  • I have been able to connect fine to solo mine other coins. So far today c=acoin, c=titcoin, c=stronghandcoin, and c=digibyte have all worked fine as password arguments.
    The error reproduces on other miners when connecting with the c=litecoincash argument.
    The actual password arguments are: c=litecoincash m=solo n=antminer_r4_solo p=.115 w=800
    I have tried to connect both on ports 3335 and 3435
I filed a support ticket and am waiting to hear back. Any other suggestion in the mean time?

Thanks in advance!
CSZiggy

Re: Unable to connect Antminer R4 for solo mining LCC

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:15 am

TRY: using the proxy server to connect on: stratum+tcp://proxy.prohashing.com:443
with the password: a=sha-256 m=solo c=litecoincash n=antminer_r4_solo p=.115 w=800

See if that lets you in to mine.
BoogerHook

Post by BoogerHook » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 am

No luck through the proxy server. :(
Pool shows as dead on the miner and the same error occurs.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:21 am

TRY: using the proxy server to connect on: stratum+tcp://proxy.prohashing.com:443
with the password: a=sha-256 m=solo c=litecoincash n=test

what if you get rid of the excess and try it simplified.

may be an issue with either the coin or how its spelled in one of their tables.
BoogerHook

Post by BoogerHook » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:39 pm

I had considered there might be a syntax issue. Hopefully the ticket gets looked at soon. It's at about 24 hours since I last updated it with the tests I mentioned above. Will give the simplified password a shot and see if it helps.

Edit:
New error this time! I received: "Authorization failed because the static coin is not available for mining in the selected algorithm"
Progress?

Edit2: The error above is what happens when you use c=litecoin instead of c=litecoincash! I went as simple as possible with a=sha-256 c=litecoincash on the proxy server and it still would not connect. Shows the original error "Authorization failed because the static coin/algorithm combination is in error."
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 pm

EDIT: Litecoin is a coin that is mined on the scrypt algo.
So that would be the error you get when you are on sha-256 trying to mine a scypt based algo coin.

What about just c=litecoincash on port 3335?
Maybe its not available for solo mining for some reason?

Wonder if the table on SHA-256 for litecoincash somehow got error corrected to litecoin which isnt on the sha-256 its on the scrypt algo.
BoogerHook

Post by BoogerHook » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:19 pm

No luck with just the c=litecoincash on port 3335 or 3435. Would have been a good day to be able to connect for solo mining too. :(

I'm in waiting mode until Steve can investigate it further I guess.