xmr-stak configuration help

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
blockprojectgroup

xmr-stak configuration help

Post by blockprojectgroup » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 am

I'm trying to configure xmr-stak to work with prohashing.

During startup it ask me the following (with my answers)
-Currency 'monero' or 'aeon'
monero

-Pool address:
prohashing.com:3333

-Username
<my prohashing username>

-Password
<I leave it blank>

-Does this pool support TLS/SSL?
no

-Do you want to use nicehash on this pool?
no

-Do you want to use multiple pools?
no

Then I get the following error:

Pool prohashing.com:3333 Logging in...
SOCKET ERROR - [PROHASHING.COM:3333] PARSE Error - protocol error 5

If I try to log to others pool I succeed.
So any suggestion s appreciated

Thank you
AppleMiner

Re: xmr-stak configuration help

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm

what hashrate are you making with your setup?
spauk

Post by spauk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 pm

that miner is for a different algorithm than what's supported at this pool, this pool is only for scrypt or x11
blockprojectgroup

Post by blockprojectgroup » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:27 am

AppleMiner wrote:what hashrate are you making with your setup?
Around 610 H/s, it's just a testing rig (1 GTX1070 not optimized)
We are planning to reach at least 40-50 KH/s in the deployment phase
blockprojectgroup

Post by blockprojectgroup » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am

spauk wrote:that miner is for a different algorithm than what's supported at this pool, this pool is only for scrypt or x11
Any link/istruction on how to setup X11/Scrypt on Linux?

Thank you
fourtech

Post by fourtech » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

The correct settings would be prohashing:3347 not 3333 as they stated 3333 is for script
https://prohashing.com/help.html

I am using xmr stak and getting accepted shares but still getting the same error ever 10 to 30 min and causing down time. I put in the c=monero on password field since the miner is likely only compatible with that coin but I don't even see Monero in the explorer.... but it does show I'm mining it in worker live status.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:49 am

fourtech wrote:The correct settings would be prohashing:3347 not 3333 as they stated 3333 is for script
https://prohashing.com/help.html

I am using xmr stak and getting accepted shares but still getting the same error ever 10 to 30 min and causing down time. I put in the c=monero on password field since the miner is likely only compatible with that coin but I don't even see Monero in the explorer.... but it does show I'm mining it in worker live status.
I'll look into this issue today.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm

im getting this Parse error as well..something on server end i imagine.

Mines for 10-15-20 minutes then i get this error..sometimes its within 2-3 minutes.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm

PolakCrypto wrote:im getting this Parse error as well..something on server end i imagine.

Mines for 10-15-20 minutes then i get this error..sometimes its within 2-3 minutes.
I looked into this issue and was unable to reproduce it. I suspect that there were some changes made to XMR stak four days ago, one day after you made this post. The changes fixed a memory leak that caused xmr stak to crash.

Could you download the latest version at https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases and try again to tell me if it resolved the problem?
Tanmits

Post by Tanmits » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of XMR Stak, 2.10.4 and I'm having this issue. Mines for a few minutes, then I get

SOCKET ERROR - [stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3347] PARSE error: Protocol error 5
All pools are dead. Idling...

After 10 seconds or so it reconnects and runs for a minute or two, Rinse and Repeat.