Determined cause of double payouts

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Determined cause of double payouts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 am

Chris determined the cause of the negative balances yesterday. It turns out that some customers were overpaid due to a problem with how bitcoin payouts were recorded, due to a bug in the USDCoin changes. This issue involved four different circumstances that had to be true all at once, and which was not reasonable to expect to be caught in testing.

Chris previously had incorrectly resolved the problem by deleting the records of the payouts, but he corrected both his mistake and the original problem. Now, the payout records match the correct txids on the blockchain. Customers with negative balances will see that their wallets match what was paid. Once normal mining has eliminated the negative balances, payouts will resume as normal.

We apologize for the issue! Hopefully, you'll agree that issues like this are an acceptable price to pay in exchange for progress.
Simon_says

Re: Determined cause of double payouts

Post by Simon_says » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 am

Hey Steve, as of today 02/11/19 at 10:29 EST negative balances are back again.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

can confirm the same on my end

the original payout matches what i received in my wallet, so i dont understand why the balance owing is correct
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Was the original balance paid out double what is normally paid out for a given day?