Looking for new feature requests

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Looking for new feature requests

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 am

Good morning!

After many months of improving stability and reliability, we're again looking for new feature requests. The two areas we have manpower to improve right now are the website and the mining server. Adding coins and addressing payout issues will have to wait, because the people assigned to those tasks are currently working on making sure we have better environments for new developers before the next bubble arrives, and on preparing the business's taxes.

Please post your website and mining server suggestions below! Once we have some, we'll put up a poll with the most popular requests to determine what to do next.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

Other cryptonight algos
Daily summary emails
Support for algo switching miners like Baikal miners.
Muleslayer

Post by Muleslayer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 am

Support for algo switching miners like Baikal miners.

what he said!!!!!!!
ultiman2

Post by ultiman2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm

An app for android and ios
djliss

Post by djliss » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 pm

more algos, mimblewimble grin and beam could be quite lucrative, its a brand new asic resitant algo, gpu and cpu mining only

and solo mining coins when there is an exchange error or no exchange as an exchange is not needed if solo mining.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

What about some mining options for the CNv8 pool? whats the purpose of pointing hashrate there if there is no profit switching? Aren't we taking a 5 percent haircut for nothing if we mine on that algo port?
dra2120

Post by dra2120 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:06 pm

I second a smartphone app. Also the ability to choose payout amount in dollars and not just coin amounts...i.e. payout limit set to $30 instead of .0235 btc. That way the payout amount can stay constant instead of changing every day.
creader

Post by creader » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm

1. I would like to see an statistic in dashboard that shows me the sum of mined COINS per day (not in $ like in "Total Earnings by coin" now). So i can better see how efficient the miners were. I know i can see the mined coins per day but not in an nice looking diagram ;)
  2. An Estimated Daily Reward would be nice
  3. settings - payout amount in dollars and not just coin amounts
  4. An app for android
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:44 pm

dra2120 wrote:I second a smartphone app. Also the ability to choose payout amount in dollars and not just coin amounts...i.e. payout limit set to $30 instead of .0235 btc. That way the payout amount can stay constant instead of changing every day.
What would you like the smartphone app to do?

There are quite a few requests for an app, but I'm not clear what people are looking for that they can't get by viewing the website on a phone. The website already detects that a phone is viewing it and displays charts and graphs in a phone-friendly view. Perhaps someone can clarify that more.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:45 pm

hobospices wrote:What about some mining options for the CNv8 pool? whats the purpose of pointing hashrate there if there is no profit switching? Aren't we taking a 5 percent haircut for nothing if we mine on that algo port?
We're already looking into this issue, so this doesn't have to be included in the poll. What we found, though, is that there unfortunately aren't many coins for this algorithm. This algorithm is a variant of the original Cryptonight, and Monero just switched to it in an attempt to be using a unique algorithm.