Problem discovered with equihash earnings

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Problem discovered with equihash earnings

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:59 pm

creader wrote:Hi,

are you really sure the problem is solved? My Prohashing dashboard say not?!?
Can you explain what happend in detail?

anyway, thanks for your 24/7 work! great

kind regards
Could you explain more about what the issue with the dashboard is? How does it "say not?"
djliss

Post by djliss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:31 pm

have a look at my account djliss my solrate should be about 140ish (nvidia 950) its showing 0.5 on the dashboard and earnigs look like they are reflecting this
creader

Post by creader » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
creader wrote:Hi,

are you really sure the problem is solved? My Prohashing dashboard say not?!?
Can you explain what happend in detail?

anyway, thanks for your 24/7 work! great

kind regards
Could you explain more about what the issue with the dashboard is? How does it "say not?"
Hashrate is still incorrect AND no(minimal) coins where mined( or it looks like this). this i mean with dashboard say "not solved this issue"
drmicrodrmicro

Post by drmicrodrmicro » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Mining is tough enough these days.
Should I be switching to another pool?
It's definitely not "fixed".
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:54 pm

drmicrodrmicro wrote:Mining is tough enough these days.
Should I be switching to another pool?
It's definitely not "fixed".
You're welcome to use another pool if you feel more comfortable. However, as discussed above, mining is not affected, this is only a display issue, and customers will be reimbursed 15% extra for the time they earned less than expected.
nikitazap

Post by nikitazap » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 am

I also left the pool. Steve claims the problems are fixed, but they're not. He's stalling to keep the miners.This is wrong. We're losing revenue. Admit that you can't recover the algorithm. That's fair.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 am

This issue appears to be resolved. The cause of the issue was a math error. 2^5 - 2^-3 is not equal to 256, as it was erroneously assumed to be. Thanks for your patience.

It looks like another period of share corrections will be necessary. Chris will again issue a 15% bonus for the period when earnings were too low yesterday. He'll work on that in about 12 hours.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for the fix Steve. I believe this is also impacting the profitability displayed by the pool for equihash.

Currently 0.00693691 BTC is being displayed as the profit, which if divided by 256 shows the true amount.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:13 pm

ryguy wrote:Thanks for the fix Steve. I believe this is also impacting the profitability displayed by the pool for equihash.

Currently 0.00693691 BTC is being displayed as the profit, which if divided by 256 shows the true amount.
I got that one too. The problem is that previously I multiplied the profitability, thinking that that was the only thing wrong. Now that we fixed the true issue, the multiplication on the profitability needed to be removed. Thanks for pointing that out.