Bitcoin mining re-enabled

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Bitcoin mining re-enabled

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 am

Bitcoin mining has now been re-enabled. Last week, we had temporarily disabled bitcoin mining due to ridiculously poor luck. We ended up with a reserve of -10 bitcoins, which meant that we were getting to the point where we would have had to spend some of our dollars buying bitcoins to pay customers.

With bitcoins disabled, the pool mining mostly bitcoin cash, and our having good luck, reserve increased by 110 BCH, and we are now above zero again. We can keep bitcoin mining enabled until that reserve is lost due to not finding a block. If we do find a bitcoin block, reserve will be so high that it's unlikely we'll have to disable it again. Re-enabling bitcoin mining will improve profitability slightly.

Thanks for your patience while we had bitcoin mining disabled.
citronick

Re: Bitcoin mining re-enabled

Post by citronick » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Steve... can I put c=bitcoin and c=bitcoincash in my pwd parameters so that it will mine only these 2 coins? Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Bitcoin mining re-enabled

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

citronick wrote:Steve... can I put c=bitcoin and c=bitcoincash in my pwd parameters so that it will mine only these 2 coins? Thanks
No, unfortunately not. But you can choose one or the other, and mine one of the coins, or you can configure half your miners with each coin.